Chapter 18: The Attack

Brielle has been at the doctors for two days now. She was still knocked out and Jake would visit her whenever he could. Doctor Jefferson said that she needed more blood in her body. She wasn't in a coma, although It was highly unlikely for that to happen.

Jake was walking to the kitchen when he heard his father's voice. Jake walked into the kitchen and saw his father talking on the phone, Antonio leaving the kitchen.

"Father," Jake greeted, walking towards the fridge.

"Jake," John said. "How are you? You don't look too good."

"Terrible. Brielle in the hospital room and I can't sleep because I'm so worried about her."

"Why is she in the hospital?" John asked worriedly.

"Um . . . s-she got s-shot," Jake said, pulling a water bottle out the fridge. He then started walking out the kitchen, planning to go see Brielle.

"She was shot!" John exclaimed. "Take me to her," John demanded.

Jake motioned for his father to follow as he unscrewed the lid to the water and took a sip. John eagerly followed behind Jake, wanting to see Brielle.

They made their way to the in house hospital. Jake opened the door and allowed his father to walk in. He then followed in after. Jake closed the door and walked to the side of Brielle's bed, where his father was standing.

"What happened?" John questioned, bringing his hand out to stroke Brielle's cheek.

"Lots of blood," Jake replied, staring at Brielle, hoping she would wake up. He wanted to hear her voice. He wanted to see her bright eyes even though they were dimming day by day. He knew it was his fault. He was the one that causing enough pain to her for her eyes to slightly dim. He wished that he had taken a different approach with Brielle, but he knew that either way, she would've gotten hurt by him. It was in his nature.

"I have some work to do, so I'll be back soon," Jake said, turning to walk out the door.

John didn't answer as he was so entranced with Brielle. He wanted her by his side, but he didn't want to betray his son. Brielle was with Jake and he had to understand that she was off limits. He couldn't be with her without forcing her into it.

As John was about to pull up a seat to sit next to Brielle, a gunshot went off. Next thing he knows is that yelling could be heard as well as more gunshots. John started taking the IV out of Brielle's arm and disconnecting her from the heart monitor. As he was doing so, Jake barged into the room.

"We're under attack!" Jake yelled.

John nodded since he already knew.

"Who?" he asked.

"Russians."

"I'll take her somewhere safe and you go help your men," John ordered.

Jake nodded and took one last look at Brielle, turning and running out the door, pulling his gun out of his waistband.

John quickly walked out of the room and brought her into Jake's room, walking to the closet. He opened the closet door, closing it behind him as he turned on the light. He pulled up the hardwood floor and lifted the hatch that was under. He then placed Brielle in, keeping a firm grip on her as he climbed in as well. Once they were in, Jake lifted Brielle and placed her on the ground, wrapping her in a blanket. He then climbed back up and covered the hatch. Leaving the closet, John closed the light and locking the door behind him.

Leaving the room, John ran to where he heard gunshots. He pulled his gun out from his waistband as well and he aimed. He shot at anybody that came in his way, trying to find Jake. As he was looking for Jake, he saw one of the Russians and winked at him. The guy smirked in response. Jake then, without looking, shot at the guy.

John finally found Jake shooting at the Russians. He stood next to him and shot as well, although his shots weren't as well aimed.

"What's wrong with your aim?" Jake yelled over the ruckus.

John was only shooting the Russians in the arm or leg, never quite getting them where it would kill them.

"I don't know!" John yelled back.

Once it became quieter, John told Jake to check on Brielle. John tried to find the rest of the Russians, steering clear of the front door.

A couple minutes later, a yell was heard. Thundering footsteps soon followed suit.

"She's gone!" Jake yelled out. "Brielle is gone!"

John stood there, watching as tears streamed down his son's face.

That was when he realized that his son was in love with Brielle. The girl he wanted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that this was a short chapter, but forgive me please.

I do have some exciting news though!

What did you think of the chapter?

Where is Brielle?

Who took her?

What about Jake?

John?

How are you?

Don't forget to vote!

Bye my fellow Masqueraders

-Masquerade

You are perfect just the way you are!

Have a good day/night