2 - {Catching Up}

Hyungwon's POV

As I said, I love wedding events. But today seemed like it would literally be the worst day honestly. I have had tough clients in the past but those people today were something else.

They asked me to take photos of them in a garden. Then they asked me to take photos of them outside the church, then at the beach, then at a rooftop. They even asked me if they could drive back to their house WITH THEIR WEDDING CLOTHES to get their PUPPY to take photos of the 3 of them.

Of course I refuse politely telling them that it would be really time consuming and they already have many guests waiting for them. Thank God, they agreed.

I came back to my studio not even saying hello to Shownu, I just nodded at him. He looked confused but I'm sure he understood that this days was basically shit so he didn't ask anything.

I went inside and started working on the photos, they were pretty beautiful. Not to be that person but I'm a great photographer and always feel offended and hurt if someone insults it of tells me that I'm not good at it.

I'm known to finish my work faster than other photographers. Mostly because I don't have a really interesting life. But I prefer it that way. I'm not the party type of person. I like having calm nights with the closest of the friends I have.

I have a big problem though. Even though I love photographing people I hate being photographed. I have some big insecurities and my not so photogenic face makes it even worse.

That's why I have like 3 photos of me on my social media. Most of them are just about photography.

I worked so much I didn't even realize how I actually finished it in just one evening and how the time passed, now being 8:30pm.

People have usually left the company at that time. Most of the times it's just me, Shownu and some other people I don't know.

I was about to exit my studio when I heard Shownu talking with someone on the phone. He was saying how he loves them and that he's happy that they finally get to spend time together. When he finished the phone call I decided to tease him a bit.

"Hyukie, we finally get to meet. It's been soooo long since I last saw you." I said in a fake voice and then fake cried.

"Stop it" Shownu said and laughed kinda embarrassed.

"Shownu is a relationship? I though he was more boring than Hyungwon." I continued with the same fake voice.

"Stop it you idiot. Yes I'm in a relationship. And hey I take that last thing as an insult." Shownu said and I touched my chest dramatically.

"Who are they though?" I asked him.

"His name is Lee Minhyuk. He's bubbly and like the exact opposite from me. But what can I say opposites attracted." he said all lovingly.

"Wait Lee Minhyuk?" Kinda shorter, uneven blink and mimics a whale sometimes" I said when I actually though what he said.

"Yes exactly. You know him?" he asked.

"Oh my God. Minhyuk. Minhyuk was in the same high school as me, he was my best friend. We were like the closest I have ever been with anyone. He was like a brother. When he graduated though, he left to study in England and we lost touch. Oh my God I have missed him so much." I said having all the memories with him flashed in my mind. Honestly Minhyuk is like that one best friend that has this special place that no one else can take no matter what.

" I should totally arrange a meeting for the 3 of us. I won't tell him, he'll be extremely surprised and happy I'm sure. Tomorrow morning since I know you don't have a photoshoot." he said and I nodded excitingly. I'm finally gonna meed Minhyuk after like 6 or 7 years.

Although this day was awful, it really ended in a nice and unexpecting way.
I went hope happy and took a shower. I was extremely tired so I decided to go to bed quite early. I really wanna wake up in time tomorrow morning.

And I actually did. It's the first time after a long time that I wake up on time, can actually have breakfast and get ready on time.

When I got ready I went out and went to the coffee shop Shownu texted me. I searched the tables and I saw them sitting. Shownu saw me but Minhyuk didn't because he had his back facing me. I went near and tapped his shoulder. He casually turned his head not waiting to see me. His face at that moment was priceless. He stared at me without saying anything. He only mumbled a small "oh my God and tears started forming in his eyes. Shownu meanwhile had excused himself to the bathroom.

Minhyuk was so taken aback that he actually didn't know what to say so I started talking. Actually no, fuck that. Even I was surprised and shocked. Now that I see him I realize how much I missed him. And you know what I did? I just hugged him. And he did too. His hug was tight and it honestly said so many thing on its own.

It's said things like "I missed you so much" and "I'm so happy to see you again" and "I finally have my best friend back". Yes it was THAT powerful.

When we pulled away we both smiled.
"Minhyuk" I said and he looks shock in how much my voice had gone deeper.
"Hyungwonnie" Minhyuk said using the same nickname he would call me cak in high school. This bitch really did that. I actually started crying.

We started talking about everything and nothing. We started catching up, he told me for all these years and I did too. Shownu would just sit there and listen to us. He, himself, was happy for us. His boyfriend and best friend together being happy.

And honestly who knew this day would get even more unexpecting.

______________________________________________________________________________

That was H U G E. I haven't written a chapter with 1000 words in so long. But hey, I'm trying to form a group of friends for Hyungwon and all. I hope you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed writing it. Love you all byeeee 💜