one

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

Today, 7:28 PM

Jaeyoung: Y/N answer me
Jaeyoung: I don't want you going to that damn bar
Jaeyoung: I'm serious

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

7:49 PM

Mom: sweetie jay told me about your plans tonight
Mom: come to the house instead
Mom: please y/n i implore you

7:57 PM

[Incoming Call From: Mom]
[Decline]

[Missed Call From: Mom]

Jesus, leave me alone.

"Hey! Y/N! Nice to see you again!" Simon greets you as he sees you approach his particular bar counter. He's your favorite bartender—you'd even say he's a friend. You take a seat on one of the stools in front of him. He smiles and continues to wipe down the bar. "Wow, you look nice today."

"Oh, you're too kind." You smile back at him, flattered. "It's nice to see you, too. How've you been? You look great, I see you've been getting your proper sleep in finally. No more eye bags."

"I've been good, I have been getting proper sleep lately. You're really observant," Simon chuckles, already preparing your first glass. You notice today he isn't wearing the gold band around his finger. You want to ask about it, but quickly decide it's none of your business. You should just leave it at that. He glances up at you. "I take it you'll want your usual to start off the night, huh?"

"You're a smart man, Si. That's exactly right." You grin, taking your purse and putting it on top of the counter so you can look for your cash. You don't really need this place showing up on your bank records right now. Your brothers won't like that. At all. "How much business are you expecting today?"

"Hard to tell." Simon answers, drying the shiny glass with a small hand towel and walking over a few steps to start filling it with your preferred cocktail of alcohol. "Right now, it doesn't look like it'll be too hot. But in Kaseok's, you never now."

"As long as I don't die, I'm fine." You joke, taking out a value ten bill from your small purse and sliding it across the counter. Simon glances up at you as you say so and quickly gives you your change. "Can't have my family be right and nag me once they join me in Heaven."

Simon looks over at you and gives you a chuckle, one that you judge as being a little on the weak side. "Ha. Right." The dark-haired man looks back down at the glass in his hand, reaching over for a tiny, colorful, paper umbrella to decorate your drink with. Inevitably, a weird feeling begins growing in the pit of your stomach. Slight uneasiness, maybe.

"Thank you." You nod softly, taking the glass he carefully slides over to you across the counter, suddenly not feeling as cheerful as you did when you walked in. "Hey, Si,"

"Yeah?" He turns back around as he starts walking away to another customer that sits on the other side of the bar. You try to study his expression. He seems calm. That eases your nerves a bit.

"I'm not seeing the afterlife tonight, right?" You ask in a small voice, clutching the cold full glass tightly in your hand. His expression softens as he meets your eyes, and he gives you a reassuring nod. You curl your lips into a small smile and watch him walk away to attend the other young man.