twenty four

"Don was asking around again." Hoseok informs RM as they walk down the hall towards the Big Room. "Well, not directly, obviously." He slightly rolls his eyes, briefly clenching his jaw. "Point is, one of his minions went to sort out some business with NCT and asked about a Syeol Y/N. Guess who's trying to find her now?"

"Taeyong." RM shakes his head, not even the slightest bit surprised. "Well, that's fucking great. Who else's next? Jennie?" He scoffs, looking down at his watch as it dings with a notification from Taehyung.

TH: sehun's been awfully quiet
TH: i feel like he's up to something, his server is never this inactive
TH: especially after an invasion

"Tae thinks Sehun's up to something. Apparently he's been too quiet online." Namjoon tells Hoseok, already working on typing Taehyung back a response. "Honestly, I don't think he's too off on that. I was expecting an invasion with aimed bullets—ones with all our names on 'em—I don't know, like two days after."

RM: Keep watch on him
RM: I wouldn't be surprised if they actually are up to something

TH: alright hyung

"Knowing EXO, they're definitely to something." Hoseok replies, a little indifferently. "But since when do we care? We have Y/N, that's not gonna change. At this point, we keep her or we shoot. We know that—and I sure as hell hope they know that too."

"They don't." RM mutters, shifting his jaw. "They might know she has some value, but they don't understand the weight of it.." He pauses, thinking he heard a loud voice coming from another hallway, but quickly continuing as he realizes it's all in his head. "Um—where was I? Oh, right." He nods to himself, "They think we'll keep to the rules, and we try, for business' sake, but this time I'm not risking her. I need to find the connection, and when I do, the title belongs to Bangtan."

"So? What's up with you lately? You've been real quiet." Taehyung says, carrying out the monthly checkup every bracelet needs on Jungkook's for the moment. He's the only one who hadn't come in yesterday to get it checked—spent the whole day outside, tending the roses. "Everything okay? How's the bank?"

"The bank's fine." Jungkook answers lowly, looking down at his wrist—at how Taehyung poked at the metal with instruments which he couldn't really remember the names of. "Jiyae asks me everyday about Y/N. I seriously doubt she believes me when I say she's still on vacation." Jungkook almost mutters, the sight of the small light flashing all sorts of colors keeping the attention of his eyes. "If anything, I'd say she still thinks Chanyeol has her—or maybe even that she's dead."

"Well, when she sees Y/N walk back into her office with the infamous pencil in her bun and the ten-pound stack of papers in her arms, I'm sure she'll feel much better." Taehyung looks up at Jungkook's face, finishing up. "And so will you."

"What?" Jungkook furrows his brows, looking up at Taehyung and pulling his hand back now that he had completed the upgrade/inspection of the bangle. "Me?" He questions further, getting a small chuckle out of Taehyung. "The hell are you talking about? I could care less—the only reasons I would care is for my business and the title, that's it."

"Hm." Taehyung presses his lips together indifferently, turning his attention back to his equipment as he begins to organize and put it away. "I guess I would expect that from you." He shrugs, standing up to place all the tools and instruments in their designated drawers, desks, and cabinets. "But if I'm being honest, the house really isn't the same."