twenty

Bangtan HQ.
(a few minutes after the abduction)

"What do you fucking mean he took her?!" Namjoon yells into the phone, standing straight up on his feet and instantly heading towards the door, slamming a red button on the wall that triggers an alarm in every room that registers a member inside of it at the moment. "HOW?!"

"Y/N was in my office asking questions about a file," Jungkook begins to explain, composed enough to make sure no one else can overhear. He walks out of his fancy building towards his car. "Jiyae runs in and closes my blinds, crying. Then the maniac walks in with a gun. Before I could even do anything, he had her with a damn bullet ready to blow off her head."

"Who? Y/N?" Namjoon pulls up his computer, quickly typing in code into a private server, revealing a screen with a heavily armored map. He looks for the red dot that is being sent to the network from your bracelet, finding it right where he thought it'd be. Except it's blinking and slightly faded, something he's also not very surprised to see.

"No," Jungkook shakes his head, nodding at the guards in front of the parking building and going inside, "Jiyae." He confirms, "Y/N was close to me—safe." Jungkook pauses, not being able to help but think back at how scared you must've been, even if you didn't let yourself show it. "But Chanyeol had Jiyae, and he was going to kill her if Y/N didn't go with him."

Oh, no. This stupid girl..

"She was too good to let her die.." Namjoon exhales, shaking his head and monitoring the dot vigilantly, scolding you mentally. The rest of the members are already making their quick way through the hallways toward Namjoon's office, wondering what the pressing summoning issue is. "And there was nothing you could do."

"She wouldn't fucking listen and she kept yelling at me to put my damn gun down," Jungkook raises his voice in frustration, swinging open his shiny car door and stepping inside, "—man, I'll be the first one to say Jiyae's a good worker and it wouldn't be nice to see her dead, but, as an asset, Y/N comes first and I had that very clear," he fumes, "but clearly she didn't."

"You should've shot the girl before he did." Namjoon mutters, shaking his head again as the little flashing red dot on his screen completely fades. The disappearance prompts a window to pop up:

SYEOL Y/N
[F] BT8MY-A #328988
LAST KNOWN LOCATION: EXO HQ
SIGNAL FAILURE: BLOCKED REG., E.C.

"Shot Jiyae?" Jungkook asks, leaving the parking building and stepping on the gas once he's on the real road. "Wh—?"

"Cut out his advantage." Namjoon continues, recognizing the growing incredulous but acknowledging tone in Jungkook's voice. "That way, he would've had no leverage and would've been forced to leave." He says, sounding almost like a teacher explaining a math problem to a student after he'd completely bombed his test. "But she didn't really let you do that, did she?"

"She got in between." Jungkook mumbles, tapping his finger on the steering wheel, listening through the phone as the rest of the members already step into Namjoon's office.

"Y/N's bracelet's off the radar," Taehyung says the instant he steps foot in the large, elegant room. "I just got a notification." He shows it on his watch. The rest of the members furrow their brows, finding it strange as you're supposed to be at the bank with Jungkook. "Her last known location was—"

"EXO's HQ, yeah, I'm aware." Namjoon cuts him off, placing his phone out in front of him on his desk and placing his current phone call on speaker. Everyone in the room exchanges quick, confused glances with each other and turn their immediate focus to the device. "Tell them what happened, Kook."