eighteen

"Whatever is going on between you and Jimin, I need it fixed." RM's stern voice says through your phone, regarding you and Jimin's constant arguments and disagreements lately. It wasn't so much that he was doing anything wrong, but after what he said to you in training, you just didn't want much to do with him. Your pride was set on being upset at him and RM did not like that one bit; it's not good for the group if parters can't get along. "Got it?"

"Yes, sir." You mutter, just wanting him to stop scolding you on the subject. "I'll put in my share of effort." You look over the statement in your hand one last time, skimming it thoroughly to see if you'd missed anything or miscalculated any amounts.

"I know he's hard to deal with and I know you've been real upset at us lately, but I need you t—"

"RM, with all due respect, please don't try to act like you understand me or my situation right now." You interrupt, trying to sound as calm as possible. "I will do what you ask and make peace. There's no need for all these extra things. We will never understand each other, so let's not even try."

"Alright." RM's voice replies, as calm, or maybe even calmer than yours. "As long as you follow orders, doll. I'm not here to be your friend. You're here to kill for me. Let's stick to that." He says seriously, sounding like he always does when they go out on a mission or he drops in and supervises your progress in the Quarter. "When you get back, I want you in training. Next mission, you're joining. I expect to see major progress, if not—"

"Something bad happens, yeah I know." You mumble, remembering the last time you purposefully screwed up your progress evaluation thinking you'd buy yourself some time free of cost and then the following day, Chaenlo was beat up in an alley.

"WHAT?! H-HE DID NOTHING TO YOU! YOU SHOULD'VE DONE THAT TO ME—!"
"No, that's not fun. Besides, how would you explain the bruises at the bank?"
"I HATE YOU! I-I HATE YOU ALL SO FUCKING MUCH! THAT WAS UNNECESSARY! LEAVE THEM ALONE!!"
"We already discussed how that's up to you. RM just told me to let you know,"

"For your brothers' sakes, I hope you don't screw it up this time." RM says, lowly. You close your eyes and try to push back the memory of the security camera video Taehyung showed you that showed you when the three shadowy figures attacked Chaenlo and left him on the floor, struggling to catch his breath and clutching onto his probably fractured ribs.

You could see his bloody cheekbone, the cut freshly opened. It was awful. And it was all your fault. Without saying nothing more, RM ends the call and you push your phone away, wanting to focus on work instead of the image of your brother in pain.

Chaenlo, I'm so, so sorry..

Today was a closed blinds type of day, so your office was slightly darker than usual since very little extra light was coming in from the hallway. You had lots to do today and you didn't feel like having Jiyae walk by twenty times every five minutes just to subtly glare at you through the glass and find any excuse to walk in and start an argument. Also, you were still pretty internally upset at the guys for not letting you go to Jayeong's wedding, so you didn't feel like having to see Jungkook every time you looked up from your desk. Besides, having the blinds closed gave you a sense of privacy, and peace, two things you so desperately need right now.

Jiyae makes her way out of the copy room into the lobby with her giant stack of papers, accidentally running into a tall man wearing dark dress pants and a dark button-up shirt headed towards the front desk as she wasn't paying attention to her path. Immediately, she looks up at him with startled eyes, "Oh, God! I am so sorry!"