thirty six

"Y/N, wake up! We gotta move." Jimin shakes your shoulder in a hurry, causing you to groggily open your eyes. He helps you sit up, taking your arm and gently, but quickly, pulling you up on your feet. "Come on, come on." He rushes. Judging by the darkness of the room still, you know it's way too early to be up.

What the hell?

"Where are we going? What's going on?" You rub your eyes, stumbling a little as your quadriceps and kneecaps don't quite capture the urgent hurried message. You make an attempt to reach for your cane leaning on your nightstand before Jimin leads you too far from it. "Wait,"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Jimin exhales, realizing what you're doing and why. He, as well as everyone else, was under the impression that you're fine now—but he's not too surprised to find out they were all wrong. "Here," He grabs the cane quicker than you and places it in your hand, continuing to rush out into the hall. "Hurry, hurry."

"What the hell is going on, Jimin? What time is it?" You ask, trying to keep up with him as best as you can. Jimin doesn't give you a direct answer, he just continues to rush you out through the halls. You see some workers in the armory rooms very quietly getting set up with guns and some others out in the hallway. A couple of them meet up with you and escort you out to the northern exit. You have a feeling you know where you're going. "Jimin—!"

There's no alarms..
What is this?

"Shh!" Jimin shushes you, opening the patio door and drawing his gun, making sure to keep his hand firmly around your arm. "Move fast and be quiet. Alright? All your questions will be answered once you are completely out of reach."

"Our of reach? Wh—?"

"Shh!" Jimin scolds you, motioning for one the guards accompanying the both of you to move up front. The tall, slender man does so quickly, with no hesitation. There's minimal movement out here, but there's more than there usually is at this dark, early hour. It's almost discreet, uniform, clean. The men out here move as if the goal is specific, as if that goal was to not give away the goal. The lights are all off, leaving the illumination exclusively to the dim stars and the moon above.

What's happening?
Is EXO here?

The ring on your left pointer finger instantly becomes present in your mind. You almost expect it to vibrate or turn on, expose you and your mission easily punishable by death. Your heart sinks. The ring doesn't turn on. Not the entire way to the lonely cabin. You don't remember the walk here being so short, but before you knew it, in only a few heart-pounding minutes, you were stepping up those rickety porch steps again.

"Got it?" Jimin helps you up with your cane, dismissing the two companion guards back to the house. They leave rapidly, jogging back in the direction of the main house. You nod to answer Jimin's question and follow him inside. Without hesitation, he locks the door behind him and rushes you further into the empty-ish living space.

"Am I out of reach now?" You ask softly, stumbling over the scrunched up rug Jungkook laid on so seemingly comfortably the last time you were here. Jimin looks back at you and catches your arm to keep you in balance. He gives you a small nod and leads you to a seemingly out of place coffee table towards the back of the room.

"Almost." He says, letting you go and crouching down next to the beautiful piece of carved polished wood. You furrow your brows, about to question what he's doing, when he presses his hand up onto
one of the table legs and reaches over to pull that multi-patterned rug off of the spot which it's laid out on the floor. "Come on,"

Come on where..?
Oh—

You widen your eyes to see a circle piece of the floor start slowly spinning, obviously detaching from the rest. It's trippy, you would've never ever imagined it was there. Before the circle moved, the floor was perfectly smooth, not a groove in sight. "Holy—" You let out a small surprised gasp, Jimin laughs at you for it a little.