forty one

"Y/—Yuri!" Yoongi stammers, eyes a little wide as he takes a single step towards you, stopped by yet another wave of unexplained confusion. They rest of them all exchange glances and just stand there, not even able to bring themselves to say anything yet.

"The hell is wrong with you guys?" You furrow your brows, looking around at all of the weirdly puzzled faces. "Is there something on my face, or what? Are you guys looking at me like that because of my hair?" You ask. Jungkook lowers his chin a little and shakes his head. He doesn't know how to feel; none of them do. You don't see it, still focused on what you woke up to. "I know it's bad, damn, that's why I was calling—"

"Your hair dye touch-up's in your bathroom." Namjoon, the only person who seems indifferent to you, points down the hall in the direction you came from. "J brought it yesterday, remember?"

"Oh, yeah." You nod, recalling a memory you don't have and holding back a small, semi-embarrassed laugh for being so 'forgetful'. "Must've slipped my mind. The mirror kinda scared me a few minutes ago, I panicked."

No. I've seen you panic.
It was never over hair..

"You need help?" Jin asks, no longer looking as surprised as he did when you first laid eyes on his face. He looks normal now. "With your hair, I mean. You fucked it up pretty bad the last time we let you do it on your own."

Unbelievable.

Taehyung lets out a small scoff and steps back into his room, no longer feeling the need to stand there like and idiot and watch you talk about your hair as if you really ever cared that much about it. It's all so strange. He's justifiably upset at you, but it's not you. It's you—but at the same time it's not you at all. It's infuriating.

"Hey," you step towards his door, holding out your hand as you reach for him. "You okay?" You ask softly, letting your fingers gently wrap around his arm. He stops walking and turns to look at you with a strange expression, noticing the way your eyes find the few scarring injuries on his face so effortlessly. You tilt your head with genuine interest, "How are holding up? Did you sleep well?"

"Sleep well?" Taehyung repeats, looking into your eyes as if you'd just asked him the most seemingly unsolvable math problem of all time and not just a small, innocent question. "I—um," he looks up at the rest of the members, eyes meeting with Namjoon's, "yeah. Yeah, I slept well." He nods, looking down at the floor as you let him go. "I'm fine."

"That cut on your cheek looks a lot better." You give him a small smile, figuring he's acting in this semi-weird way because he just woke up and the morning is still fairly young. "Pretty soon they'll all be gone for good."

"Yeah." Taehyung replies, a bit on the emotionless side, proceeding to step further into his room. "I hope so." He closes the door, leaving you out in the hallway with the rest of them, whom have just stayed  standing there watching.

You turn back to them, about to accept Jin's help offer and go back to your bathroom to get started fixing the 'mess' on your head. As soon as you turn, they all quickly take their eyes off of you and pretend to mind their business—something they didn't quite execute so effectively.

"Hey," you furrow your brows, letting out a small chuckle, "what's with you guys? Seriously. You're all acting weird." You fix your eyes on Hoseok and tilt your head, knowing somehow he might be the easiest to get some answers out of. "What are you guys up to? You must be up to something. You never act like this."

"It's nothing. We're not up to anything, Yuri." Hoseok shakes his head, slightly curling the corners of his lips up to give you his best-looking fake expression of genuineness—using that name as an actual title and not just a playful nickname for the first time ever. "We're not planning to switch up the colors on your dye and mess up your hair completely, don't worry."