twenty three

"Taehyung, put her on th—! Oh, Jin-hyung!" Jungkook runs into Jin's office, a little surprised to see him already here. He was expecting himself and Taehyung to be the first ones to arrive at the estate. Taehyung follows, with your body in his arms, widening his eyes a little incredulously as well at the presence of Seokjin. "Wh—?"

"Put her on the bed," Jin waves Taehyung over quickly, looking at your state and really hoping you were still breathing. It's hard to tell, even for him. He has a semi deep-looking scratch going from the corner of his left eyebrow down to almost his jawline—the blood dripping out of it a little smeared in its surrounding skin. His clothes have apparent foreign blood stains, some that still haven't even dried yet—they catch Jungkook's attention effortlessly. "Hurry, hurry."

"She's not dead, is she?" Taehyung asks, setting you down carefully and stepping back, breathing heavily for many reasons—the first being exhaustion, for running to this room with you, of course. He's hoping for one answer to that question and one answer only. They all are. You are much too valuable to die, especially to their new found mission. An asset they can't professionally afford to lose.

"Where's Jimin-hyung..?" Jungkook asks, looking at Jin with the most analytical expression he'd ever cared enough to wear on his bruised face. A twinkle forms in his eyes. "Who's blood is that?"

That boy, his name was Sodun.
Nice kid, really.
I think he was here because of his father.
That right there is probably his grandfather.
Not sure.
Poor guy.
I only know the kid's name because he was bold enough to tell it to me.
It's kind of a shame that he's gone now.
He could've been someone.
Kid had guts.

You killed him..

No, you did.
I did nothing. I'm not the one
who's not supposed to be seen.

Tell me, Princess,
how long do you plan to stare out that damn window?

Leave me alone.

How many of us have come to check on you?
Every one of us has said the same thing.
Be a little less boring to look at, why don't ya?
Goddamn.

Leave
Me
Alone.

Two days later.

"You're one of us now."
See this, Princess? Don't worry, you won't feel a thing.

"NO! NO! LEAVE ME ALONE, LEAVE ME ALONE!" You scream, sitting up out of nowhere in the dead middle of the night. Your chest heaves up and down with desperate breaths, as if oxygen hasn't been inside your lungs for ages. "JAEYOUNG! CHAENLO! DAD!" You cry, panicking as your vision still doesn't clear up. Your heartbeat is so loud, you can barely hear yourself scream. "HELP ME! PLEASE, HELP ME!"

"Y/N!" Yoongi runs into the room, watching how you scramble, trying to free yourself of the sheets—and then suddenly, without any damn warning, you drop back onto the pillow, motionless. "Y/N!" He runs to your bedside, shaking your shoulders and praying he didn't just witness you die. He'd stepped out for the room for a mere second, planning on going to the kitchen for a glass of water. Now, he wasn't that thirsty anymore.