thirty

"What the hell?" You mutter under your breath, looking up off the now-patchy ground and seeing a cabin-like building in the near distance, obviously much smaller than the main house, but still probably almost the size of your entire former apartment. You've been walking a few steps behind Jungkook in the growing heat for a pretty good while, staring only at the dirt and grass ahead of you while thinking back on that boy's face. You never even had the slightest suspicion they'd have other buildings like this on the property. "What is this?"

"Don't worry about that and just know we can stay here for a while without worrying about them finding us." Jungkook answers, not even bothering to turn and give you a mere glance. "Once we're inside, we can talk."

"What? We can't talk out here?" You try to step a little faster to catch up, but you find that difficult to do on the bumpy, loose ground. The sun beats down harder on you now, affecting the way you breathe. "What will we talk about? Why are you being like this?"

You ask too many questions.

Jungkook says nothing. He just continues to walk, leaving you with your questions up in the air, unacknowledged and unanswered. He remains silent the rest of the way towards the cabin. You can't help but wonder if he recognized Sodun, too. Or was the kid not even Sodun and is your brain just seriously messing with you? Was Sodun even the one to poison him? If he was, why didn't Jungkook react? If he wasn't, why did you react?

Was Baekhyun messing with me..?
Is Sodun even alive..?

"Can you step up?" Jungkook turns to look at you once he's on top of the porch of the relatively weathered cabin, pushing the old gate back and motioning towards your cane. "Do you need any help?"

You look up at him, meeting his eyes and seeing for the first time today how tired he looks. His voice is gentle, low, almost as if he doesn't have much energy left to waste on words. "Help?" You ask, furrowing your brows and squinting your eyes a bit as some sweat drips down your forehead. "Are you asking for my sake or for yours on RM's behalf?"

"What do you think?" Jungkook answers your question with another, stepping back down the trio of wooden planks and gently locking your elbow with his. Both of your temperatures are uncomfortably warm. You could feel the way his skin is beginning to get just as burnt as yours. He looks down, watching your steps, ready to catch you before you fell. "It's bad enough I disappeared with you—he actually might kill me if you got even more hurt under my watch."

"I figured." You mutter. Once you're on the porch, under the blissful shade of the roof above you, he lets you go and heads for the scratched, slightly faded door. You follow, looking around and taking everything in while wiping the annoying sweat off of your damp forehead.

"You can take the chair." Jungkook tells you as you walk in, closing the door behind him and turning the lock. It's surprisingly empty in here. You were expecting it to be similar to the main house, but on a much smaller scale. It's really not much like the main house at all. The only furniture in the living area is a single cushion chair, a couple of bureaus, a small coffee table, and a multi-print rug—if you consider a rug furniture. Jungkook walks past you, "I'll just lay here." He takes a seat on the rug, laying backside on it and putting his hands behind his head. He closes his eyes, tiredly letting out some air.

"When can we go back to the main house?" You ask, watching him. He shrugs his shoulders indifferently, wordlessly answering you. "Jungkook,"

"What?" He whines, shifting his head a bit to rest more comfortably on his hands. "Jeez, just take a seat or a nap or something—we're gonna be here a few hours." He says, folding his knee up and beginning to move it side to side like he usually does when he lays down. "I did say we could stay here until Joon-hyung calms down, you of all people should know how long that takes."