twenty one

"They're on the property," Kai speaks into the communicator on his watch, heard directly by Suho and Chanyeol. "Two coming in from the south, three from the east, and the other two from the northwestern gardens. Sehun hasn't identified them specifically yet."

Oh, wow. They're a little early.

"Don't intercept." Suho orders, making his way towards Sehun's control room as he speaks, with an anticipating smirk present on his lips. "Let them get closer."

"Yes, sir."

"Jeon, Park. We've entered the upper-west region, coming in with a partial view of the building." Jungkook says into the communicator clipped to the collar of his shirt. "No sight of rival movement yet." The property is still, much too still. There's no one visible outside, and usually this place is buzzing with workers—wether they're attending gardens or hauling bodies.

"Keep an eye out, I'm sure they know we're here." RM's voice answers into everyone's earpieces. Jimin and Jungkook glance at each other, sharing a quick nod and proceeding to make their way vigilantly across the eerily quiet property with their weapons ready. "Y/N's signal died while it was in the dead-center region of the house; Sehun did that on purpose. They want us to walk into something."

"Walk into what?" Jin asks, coming up from the east section behind Hoseok and Yoongi, gun up and ready to shoot at anything or anyone that fatally decides to pop out.

"That's what I don't really want to find out." Yoongi answers, looking back at his friend. "But I guess we'll see soon enough."

"Hyung, there's really no men out here." Jungkook's voice is heard through their earpiece transmitters once again. "I don't think they're planning on using them, at least not outside the house—if there even is any inside."

"They leveled the playing field." Namjoon mutters, keeping his eyes straight on the building. "Them versus us. No extras."

There's a lot of movement outside the room's door, reminding you of how you were stuck in that small storage room during EXO's invasion back in Bangtan's estate. That tiny dot on your bracelet lights up again, dimly but functionally, and suddenly you think you know what's most likely going on beyond the door that cuts you off from the rest of the house.

You'd closed the blinds and pulled the heavy fabric curtains over the window after Baekhyun left the room about an hour ago, not wanting to be the reason for anymore unnecessary deaths after learning that young boy was missing on behalf of you. In turn, the room was a bit on the darker side. When it suddenly becomes even darker, your first instinct is to look towards the window. Metal curtains pull over it automatically, making you feel almost as if you're living out an apocalypse movie.

"Oh, shit.." You mutter with a slight panic, running towards the window before the sturdy metal closes it off completely in hopes to be able to shove the curtains and blinds aside in time and get a glimpse of what they're trying to hide from you. Nothing. You see absolutely nothing. Not a single worker, not a single EXO member, nothing. Then, the shiny metal covers it all—with a click, the room no longer has any light. "Oh, God."

"You're part of this now, whether you like it or not—but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. We won't let anything happen to you, you're one of our own.."

You try incredibly hard to remain calm, but you're a little too weak to fight against your own self right now. Exhaustion and a suddenly accelerated heartbeat do not go hand-in-hand whatsoever. You feel as if you wanna throw up, but you have absolutely nothing in your stomach to give up.