two

Gun shots.
Shooting pain.
Pools of
blood dripping
off the counter.
Pools of blood dripping
down the drain, running
over her wet skin.

Two martini glasses.
A strong orange-tinged

lights f l i c k e r

alcohol mix.
Simon's lost
soul.

".. Jimin said it should've just been enough to knock her out, not kill her."

Huh?

"What are we gonna do if she fucking dies?"
"Cut her up and sell her, what else? She looks healthy. We could make some serious money off of her insides."

That doesn't sound like Jaeyoung or Chaenlo..

"Park really did it this time. She would've served us better alive."
"Calm down, it's not like we can't get another one."

Park?

Slowly, you open your eyes. Everything blurs in and out of clarity, your eyes struggle incredibly to stay open. Where the hell am I? You look around for the voices speaking, they're unfamiliar. The pounding migraine that just hit you isn't any help.

The musty smell in this room forces you to try and awaken completely. You sure as hell aren't home. You aren't at Kaseok's. Survival instincts are now forcing you to figure out where you are and why you're here.

"Where even is Jimin?" One of the blurry outlines in the corner of your limited vision stands up. You try to lift your head, to move your arms—wait, your arms.. your legs.. Oh, no. Something's wrong. Why can't I move?? "Hey! I think she's awake!"

"Well, well, well. She awakens." Another hazy outline stands up and begins heading your way, coming up next to the one who's already only at a few feet's distance. "About damn time. I was about to end you myself and throw you in Jin's office, you were taking too long."

You try to scream, but you feel like if you did, you'll destroy your frail-feeling vocal chords. None of this makes sense. You have to be in a dream—some type of nightmare. Maybe this is subconscious payback for not listening to your brothers. Yeah, that has to be it.

It has to be.

Your heart begins pounding inside your chest with paralyzing fear as the two dark blurs clear up and reveal their true faces. Two men—ones you've never seen before in your life. One is a bit taller than the other, both with small, dark eyes, one with dark hair, and the other's somewhat reddish.

You shake your head trying to convince yourself this is all just a bad dream. Tugging on your arms, you realize they're tied behind you. Where am I?!

"Not very smart, are you? Don't do that. It won't help." The shorter man chuckles, grabbing your face and lifting your chin so you're now looking straight up at him. He has a deep voice, somewhat intimidating, but not as intimidating as his demeanor. "Hm. What do you think, J? Is she worth our time?"

Jay..?

"Jay?" You stutter, feeling an agonizing needle of pain stab through your chest as inevitably your worried brother comes to mind. The two men become blurry once again as two tears slip out of your eyes and make their quick tread down your pale, drained face. You can't clearly see the way the two strangers furrow their brows and begin laughing.

"No, not that brother of yours. J, as in the letter J. Short for a code name." The taller man chuckles, walking behind you. How do they know about Jaeyoung..? "That's the only 'J' you'll be referring to from now on."