Ice Ice Baby

(Ray POV)

I was sitting on the couch with Alicia when Tamara came and plopped down next to me.

 "So when exactly were you guys gonna tell me you're dating?" She asks.

 I took some of her chips out her hand and popped them in my mouth. "I dunno, it happened yesterday so its not like we've been on the down low very long."

 "Exactly," Alicia says. "I was gonna tell you after school but i saw you getting in Chris's car."

 "Oh really?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

 Tamara sucks her teeth at us. "we were setting up the party and thats it. I already told Chris what my standards are."

 "ugh, girls and their standards. Just date him, you know you want to." I say referring to how they're always teasing each other.

 Tamara opens her mouth like she's about to say something, then closes it when Autumn walks by.

 "Whoa, are you ok?" Alicia asks.

 "Is that salsa?" Tamara asks sniffing her.

 Autumn swipes at her eyes and inhales deeply. "Do either of you have a extra shirt I can borrow?"

 Both girls shake their heads and the tears begin falling down Autumns face. I felt bad for her but i was also really curious as to what happened.

 Just then Jasmine and Serena, the two girls i've seen Autumn hang out with, come into the living room too. They grab Autumn and turn her to face them.

 "I'm so sorry Autumn," Serena says brushing the food off her clothes.

 "Daniel's stupid for kissing Destiny. You're the best thing that’s ever happened to him." Jasmine adds.

 Autumn tilts her head and narrows her eyes. "Oh yeah? Then why is he cheating on me then?"

 They stayed silent and exchanged a look, obviously at a loss for words. I glance at Alicia who's busy pretending this whole situation is not going on in front of her.

 Craig walks in and stands next to Jasmine. "Hey, you came!" he says putting an arm around her.

 She pushes him away and shakes her head. "Not now, Craig."

 "Um, bad boy at three o clock." I say nodding my head in the direction that Daniel's coming from.

 Autumn glances over her shoulder and presses a palm against her forehead. "Shit,"

 Daniel grabs Autumn's wrist so that she can’t go anywhere. "Please don't jump to conclusions." He says.