Awkward Moment

(Jacobs POV)

Have you ever had those days that just don't go as planned. Or those days when you're trying to achieve something and life just keeps getting in your way?

Yeah? Well that's exactly whats going on with me right now. Nothing is going as planned and I'm getting more annoyed by the minute.

Its Monday and so far luck has not been on my side. I've been messing up with Jaida all day, not even my lucky peace sign could help me.

Since this morning my goal was to just come right out and kiss her. Just boom, get it over with and hope the feelings mutual.

Ever since friday night I can't keep Jaida out of my head. Everything about her is just etched in my mind and I can't seem to forget it. Not that i've even tried, like this girl's got me hooked and I kick myself every time I think about how i almost kissed her.

When I walked into school my goal was to head straight for Jaida's locker. So as I did, I prepared a casual conversation to get things flowing. Weak right?

I spotted Jaida a few feet away exchanging books for class and my steps quickened. Just then Alicia decided to walk up to her and I found myself taking a sharp left down the opposite hallway. I couldn't kiss her for the first time while Alicia was there, that's so awkward. I felt my cheeks burn up at just the thought of it.

It's ok though, I have first period with her so I'll try again.

They say try try again, but for me its like a double punch in the gut each time.

I walked into life science with time to spare and a few seconds later Jaida came in too. She waved at me before taking her seat behind me as I counted out two minutes before turning around to talk to her so I don't seem too eager.

But when I do turn around, i turn to face the back of Jaida's head. She's talking to Jasmine who's sitting behind her. I look around to make sure no one saw that awkward moment and faced forward in my seat while listening to their conversation.

"How's your friend Autumn?" I heard Jaida ask.

"I don't know, I haven't been able to reach her since friday." Jasmine responds.

"Maybe she's embarrassed about everything. That was a bad break up, plus she was covered in salsa." Jaida says with sympathy in her voice.

Jasmine laughs. "I'm sorry but that was hilarious. You both were a hot mess. Sliding around in salsa and chips."

"Ugh that was nasty. I had to take two showers and wash my hair three times to get the smell off."

My mind somehow floated to an image of Jaida preparing for a shower. Her hair was tied back and she was slipping out of her button down shirt, undoing one button at a time. She got down to the last one and my breath caught in my throat just as the bell rang for class.

I flinched and looked around as everyone began taking out note books. I shake my head at my perverted mind and think about the next time I'll make a move at

After life science we head towards our next classes. English for me, math for her. We stopped a few feet away from our classes to just talk, I was slowly building up the courage to lay one on her.

I had her laughing at a story of my baby cousin's first encounter at the zoo to break the ice. She was giggling at every part of the story and I felt the nervousness in the pit of my stomach fade away.

Once my story was over I just stared at her for a few moments before reaching out and gently pulling her forward by her keychain. She took a step closer and looked up at me.