Wrong place Wrong time

(Ray POV)

In a course of two weeks, my whole life had took a dramatic turn. Just two week ago I was the kid that no one knew. Just two weeks ago everyone thought I was a mute because i kept to myself. Just two weeks ago I had that baby project with Alicia. Just two weeks ago i thought I was alone.

But now I have the girl who I thought was way out of my league. Jacob is my closest friend and Chris has finally dropped the grudge he had against me. No we're not texting each other 24/7 and making friendship bracelets, but we're growing fond of each other.

It's like I've some how broken through the wall I had around me and opened up to the world. Even my mom's noticed. She sees the way I've been in a happier mood and how I'm back to my old prankster ways. I'm happy with the way things are going right now too.

Right now it's study hall and I'm in the library doing research for my science project.

I heard the door open and close and didnt think much about it until I heard a muffled cry.

At first I shrugged it off, but the unmistakable sound of crying kept hitting me. You know, the hollow breathing, the deep breaths,the sniffing and heavy sighing.

Slowly I got up from my seat and tip toed towards the sounds. I took light tips, careful not to knock into any of the book shelves.

I got about four feet away from the sounds and looked between the shelves of the books to find Autumn and Chris. Her eyes were flowing with tears and her cheeks were red.

"Chris everything that happened yesterday wasn't supposed to happen. You know that." She says with a shaking voice.

"Of course I know that. So just listen to me, you won't tell anyone that we slept together. Your reputation will stay clean and all this drama will stay clean. Cuz if you blab to people then both of us are screwed. Just keep your mouth shut." Chris hisses to her.

My body stiffened up and I squeezed my eyes shut.

No, why did I have to hear this. Why couldn't I just stay in my corner of the library and mind my business?

I took a step back and bumped into a book shelf. A few books tumbled down and I held my breath, knowing that my cover was about to be blown.

Autumn's crying abruptly stopped and everything went quiet. I crouched down lower and slowly backed up as I heard foot steps getting closer. I counted to three before hauling ass and taking off towards the library exit.

As i burst out the door I crash right into Jacob. He stumbles backward and gives me a confused look.

"Slow down Lightning Mcqueen." He says to me.

I grab his shirt and literally drag him down the hallway and around the corner. I put a finger to my mouth, signaling for him to be quiet as I listen for Chris's footsteps.

When I hear nothing, I exhale the breath I didnt realize I was holding.

"Yo, I just found out some crazy stuff." I say breathing hard.

Jacob's eyes brighten. "Ooh gossip," He says in a mock girl voice.

I catch my breath first before explaining. By the time I'm done Jacob is staring at me with a half open mouth.

"Hold up though," He says putting a fist under his chin like he's thinking. "So you're telling me that last friday Chris and Autumn did the dirty dance?"

I nod. "From what I heard," The bell rings for lunch over head and i hear people in the hall.

"What about Tamara? I thought he was cray for her." Jacob says. "Oh man wait till she finds out. He's gonna get sliced."