Give Me A Chance

(Craig's POV)

 For the next couple of days we do a lot of sight seeing. We walk around the streets of Virginia looking for some exciting stuff to do.

 We've been to the mall a couple times and explored the different stores that we didn't have back home. There were a lot of laughs going on too as we got closer and more comfortable with each other.

 Jasmine is still hesitant around me. She wasn't letting me get too close but she was acting as though she wasn't disgusted by me anymore.

 Right now we're at the beach with the rest of our grade. Some are tanning, some are in the water and some are playing volley ball.

 Someone brought along a radio and the song 'Lemme See' by Usher was playing. I stood up and used my sunglasses as a mic.Walking over to where Jasmine was playing in the sand with Tamara I dropped down on one knee and begin singing to her.

 "You've been sayin all night long, how you cant wait to get me all alone..."

 She busts out laughing at me and I continue, enjoying the amused look on her face.

 As I sing, Jaida comes over to me and points her camera in my face. I turn to the camera and sing louder as my friends laugh. Jaida can barely keep the camera still as she giggles.

 "Oh my God," Autumn suddenly says, then points behind us. Jaida swivels the camera towards Jacob who was doing a slow grind in the air.

 "There are kids on this beach!" She yells, still laughing. Jacob winks before running towards her, grabbing her around the waist and spinning her around. She shrieks and kicks her feet, yelling at him to put her down. I swear they're the cutest couple right now, who would have thought the nerd would of picked up a piece like that. He finally put her down and starts twerking in front of the camera with his hands behind his head.

  I started laughing so hard tears were forming. I lost my breath for a second and had to gasp to get oxygen to my lungs.Just then Rick Ross's part comes up and Chris steps in front of the camera. He starts rapping the parts, doing exaggerated hand gestures like he's Drake or something. Ray comes up and pushes Chris out the way, rapping along to Rick Ross.

 "I just can't with ya'll." Tamara says shaking her head at them and laughing.

 Suddenly the tide rolls in, knocking them all off balance. Ray lands on Tamara and Jasmine's sandcastle, smashing it completely. Jaida zooms in on him as he struggles to get up.

 "Say hi to the camera Ray." She says to him. He looks up at her before snatching the camera and pushing her into the shallow water.

 Tamara takes that chance to throw a handful of sand at her. She laughs and rolls away from her sand assault.

 I move over next to Jasmine as she tries to rebuild her sand castle. Tamara goes off to play volley ball with Autumn, Serena and Alicia.

 "I didn't know you could sing." Jasmine says, raising her eyebrows slightly.

 "It's not exactly something I share with everyone." I say shrugging.

 She glances at me confused. "Why not? You're really good." She says. "Matter of fact, sing me a song right now."

 "Whatever makes you happy princess." I say to her. She rolls her eyes and pats at her sand castle.

 I take a breath before starting to singing Next To You.

 "You've got that smile. That only heaven can make. I pray to God everyday, that you keep that smile. You are my dream, there's not a thing I won't do, I'd give my life up for you. Cuz you are my dream..." As I sang, Jasmine slowly looked up at me. Her eyes crinkling slightly. "One day when the sky is fallin, I'll be standing right next to you."