Missing

Kim is missing. But where could she have gone?

It was a particularly cold, snowy morning; one would opt to stay inside and try to be as warm as possible. Who would want to be anywhere else in this kind of weather?

"Oh no-oh IRENE what if she's hurt?!" Garroth panicked, springing up from his chair.

"Hey let's not start panicking. For all we know she just got a headstart on cleaning the lodge, and she's just in one of these rooms." Aaron reassured the panicked blonde.

"Yeah...yeah that could be it...." Garroth mumbled, relaxing his right shoulder and caressing the other.

"Then let's go look for her and make sure she's okay" Lucinda said

"Alright then, let's-"

"Oh no you don't." Lucinda cut off Garroth, sitting him back down. "You're staying here. You're already badly injured, we can't have another bad thing happening like the floor caving in or some old painting falling on top of you."

"Besides, Garte would probably find some way to sue us if you got anymore injured." Aaron muttered.

"But-"

"No buts! You're staying here." Lucinda stressed, glaring at Garroth.

"Fine..." Garroth grumbled.

"Then let's get ready Lucinda." Aaron said, motioning to their luggage.

Aaron and Lucinda went upstairs and into seperate rooms to get dressed. Aaron began to think to himself as he dressed into his clothes for the evening.

"I really do hope Kim is alright." Aaron thought. "I'm sure she can take care of herself, but she seems to be more the type of person to get frozen in their tracks in the face of danger."

"......"

"I wonder.....I wonder how Aphmau is doing..."

"Probably hanging out with Zane, or Laurance or anyone of her friends right now."

"I wonder if she misses me..."

"I miss her but....is she the right person for me?"

"I love her, but after everything that's happened....I don't know."

"........"

"No, I have to concentrate on the matter at hand right now. I can think about my personal problems later."

He finished dressing up and left the room.

Lucinda had finished dressing up a while ago, but she was busy finicking with her wand.

"Hm. It seems to be working fine." Lucinda said to herself. She looked around the room she was in. Everything covered with layers of dust, the bedsheets were stained, the curtains were torn, so many unpleasing things "Ugh this room is so gross, how safe is this damn lodge? I mean, it's been abandoned for twenty years, so...." Lucinda thought to herself.

"I sure hope Kim is okay, and Garroth...Kim mentioned that Garroth should be more injured than he is, and to be honest? I wonder why he wasn't nearly dead after the boiler exploded. Is he going to be fine without any professional medical help? Then again, if Garroth were really badly injured he'd have probably been dead by now....well, all I can do is hope nothing worse happens for the rest of the trip."

Lucinda walked out of the room with her wand in hand, prepared to find Kim.

"You all set?" Aaron asked.

"Yup." Lucinda replied.

"Then let's go. Garroth be sure to give us a call if Kim comes while we're gone."