Sticks and Stones

Six people trapped in one place together isn't exactly a pleasant predicament, but still, it's not as bad as being trapped somewhere by yourself. An inescapable situation often brings even the most distant strangers together, bonding over only two things: escaping and surviving. But as it can bring people together.....

It can also tear the strongest bonds apart.

______________________________________________________________________________

Kim was walking around the lobby, she had passed by the kitchen and noticed that Garroth was sitting at the kitchen table, eating some eggs.

"Hey Garroth!" Kim greeted, walking into the kitchen.
"Oh hey Kim, what's up?" Garroth responded gleefully.
"Not much, just got up and happened to pass by....by the way, how's your arm been?" Kim questioned, looking at the makeshift sling she made on his arm.
"It's been good, still hurts a bit, but it's getting better." Garroth answered, adjusting his sling slightly.
"That's good. I'm glad the sling is actually working, I'm not exactly in the sling-making business so..." Kim muttered, twiddling her fingers.
"With how well my arm has been healing, maybe you should be!" Garroth chuckled, gesturing to his arm sling.
"Ah yes, making arm slings, I'll be rich by sun-down. A true, life enriching passion to pursue." Kim joked, leaning on the counter.
"Haha!" Garroth laughed.

Both Garroth and Kim laughed at the stupid joke together, until-

"What the hell are you two even bothering to make noise about now?" Zane commented in an annoyed manner, standing by the door.
"Hmph..." Kim uttered, glaring at Zane.
"Little brother! Me and Kim were just talking, do you wanna sit with us?" Garroth asked, patting the chair next to him.
"No." Zane replied, walking to the table, and sitting further away from the both of them, placing his phone on the table. It appeared he had been playing some sort of game on it.

Kim continued to glare at Zane.

"That's fine, do you want something for lunch?" Garroth questioned Zane, moving a couple seats closer to him.
"You're probably going to burn it." Zane answered, rolling his eyes.
"No I won't, you'll see Zane." Garroth insisted cheerfully, getting up and going to the fridge and grabbing a carton of eggs out, setting up the kitchen to make breakfast.
"Whatever." Zane sighed in annoyance. He noticed Kim was looking at him. "Hm?" Zane uttered, staring back at her. She didn't move even a little bit from where she was sitting."What is it?" Zane snapped at Kim.

Kim stood silent.

"Hello...?" Zane muttered, trying to look away from Kim, creeped out by her odd behaviour.
"....Hey Garroth...." Kim said, snapping her head in Garroth's direction.
"......!?" Zane was somewhat confused. Now she wants to talk?
"Yeah Kim?" Garroth acknowledged, slightly turning his head in her direction, keeping his attention on the eggs.
"What's....your family like?...." Kim mumbled, turning her gaze back at Zane.
"Oh they're great! We all get along really well. I would never ask for a different one, not ever." Garroth replied, sliding the eggs on to two plates.
"Tch, yeah sure, if that's how you want to put it...." Zane muttered, glaring back at Kim.
"Here is your lunch little brother!" Garroth stated, placing a plate of eggs and a fork in front of Zane.

Zane broke his gaze from Kim to the plate in front of him. A normal plate of eggs, and they weren't burnt.

"I made some for you too Kim!" Garroth added, gently placing down a plate of eggs and a fork in front of her.
"Aw thanks Garroth." Kim smiled, grabbing the fork from beside the plate.
"So," Garroth walked back to Zane. "How is it?"
"Hm, I've had better." Zane murmured, staring back at Kim, who glared back, before going back to eating her eggs.
"Hey guys!" Aphmau announced loudly, walking into the room.
"Agh!" Kim choked, startled by Aphmau's entrance.
"Hey Aph." Zane greeted, pushing his plate away.
"What're you guys up to?" Aphmau inquiried, walking towards the table.
"Nothing, just eating...Garroth's excuse of a meal I guess." Zane sneered.
"It IS a meal, and a good one at that!" Kim asserted, looking at Aphmau.
"Oh right..." Aphmau mumbled, remembering her and Kim's conversation from last night. "Hey Zane, can you come with me to my room? I wanted to ask you about something but it's a bit personal."
"Sure." Zane agreed, getting off his chair and following Aphmau out of the kitchen.