Stuck

It's been one week since Aaron and the others got to the lodge, and it had been three days since Aphmau's car broke down.

All one hundred rooms of the second floor of the lodge had finally been cleaned. It was a difficult progress but having Zane and Aphmau at the lodge helped a lot. It was noon, and Aaron had just walked back inside the lodge after spending hours working on the cars.

"Is there really nothing wrong with them?" Aphmau asked impatiently.
"I've looked through both of the cars inside and out for the past two days. They're perfectly fine." Aaron calmly explained.
"Then why won't it start?"
"I don't know. The same thing is happening to my car too"
"So what, we're all just stuck here now?" Zane grumbled in annoyance.
"For now, yeah." Aaron sighed, walking into the kitchen.
"I guess I better go tell the others." Aphmau thought aloud.
"Great. Just great. Now I get to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a limited food supply, almost no form of travel, no wi-fi or service, and surrounded by an absolute fantastic variety of morons!" Zane yelled angrily.
"Well, it could be worse y'know." Aphmau insisted.
"I don't see how much worse it could get." Zane groaned, making his way to the waiting room and slouching on one of the couches.

That would be the most ironic remark Zane would say on the entirety of this trip, even if he didn't know it yet.

Aphmau headed to Lucinda's room. She thought it might be a good time to talk. Aphmau knocked on the door.

"Hey Luci? It's me, Aphmau."
"The door is unlocked!" Lucinda shouted from inside her room.

Aphmau entered the room. Lucinda was laying on the bed, twiddling with her wand. As she usually was.

"So Aaron can't find anything wrong with the cars, but they won't start either."
"You have to be kidding..."
"I wish I was."
"So we're stuck here until further notice?"
"Yeah..."
"Mother of irene....can this trip get ANY worse?"
"Don't jinx it!"
"Pfft, I'm not jinxing anything. Hell, I would be surprised if this place wasn't already jinxed or hexed-or cursed even!"
"You're still jinxing it! Just you wait 'til something even worse happens!"
"Something worse? Like what? Zane gets swine flu? Actually that wouldn't really be bad..."
"Lucinda!"
"I'm joking! Besides, saying stuff like "don't jinx it" just makes you remember when someone warned you that just as something bad happens. Like good luck charms. They're not actually lucky, you just think of them whenever something good happens to you and you start to associate the good luck charm with good events, even though the good luck charm didn't actually do anything."
"I guess you do make a good point..."
"Exactly. Don't worry about this whole thing okay? Everything is gonna be fine." Lucinda assured, as she sat up.
"I know, I just...being here with Aaron is so awkward! It's hard to give someone the space they asked for when your stuck with them in the middle of nowhere!" Aphmau groaned in frustration.
"Oh right, I had forgotten about that whole break-up thing."
"We didn't break-up!"
"Sorry, Sorry!"
"It's fine....it's just...hard y'know?"
"I know where you're coming from, but you do know you'll have to make a decision at some point."
"Huh...?"
"At one point...you or Aaron will have to decide whether or not your relationship is worth it or not."
"...What do you mean?"
"Listen, you and Aaron are doing this whole "taking some time apart" thing, and I get it; I did it too, but at one point I had to decide if Ivan was really worth it, or to just...let go."
"It's not the same, Ivan cheated on you."
"He did, but in the end it was still my choice to cut ties with him."
"..........."
"It's your choice Aph, but don't make the mistake of lingering onto a relationship for too long. If Aaron is the person you want to be with...if your relationship with him is what you want for your life, then go ahead and tell him when you're both good and ready." Lucinda got up from her bed and began to walk out of the room. "But remember this. You'll have to accept it and understand if you're not what he wants for his life, as much as it might hurt, oftentimes we're not "the one"."
"I'll keep that in mind..." Aphmau muttered glumly.
"I just don't want to see one of my friends hurt..."
"Don't worry about me, but thanks for the advice."
"I'm always here when you need it."