Force Of Habit

It was a good evening, fresh snow piled everywhere, the wolves trotted through the thick forest and the wind whistled through the pine trees quite nicely.

Everyone had washed up and went downstairs for dinner, well, almost everyone anyway.

"Man I'm getting tired of eating eggs...." Aphmau grumbled, poking at her food with a fork.
"Unfortunately it's all we have, we're starting to run low on food, so we have to make due with what we have." Aaron explained. He was tired of the liquor store food as well.
"Not to mention we didn't anticipate you and Zane staying here with us, so we're kinda under stocked." Lucinda added.
"True, true..." Aphmau nodded. Her eggs we're getting cold, that made them even less appetizing than they already were, and they weren't very appetizing to begin with.
"As long as everybody is eating, right?" Aaron commented.
"Not everyone," Kim stated, looking around the table. "Where's Garroth? I called him down for dinner fifteen minutes ago."
"He probably wasn't hungry for eggs..." Aphmau mumbled, continuing to poke at her eggs, looking at them with a look of disgust.
"He'll be fine Kim." Aaron assured.
"I would take that if it weren't for the fact that he missed breakfast today and yesterday!" Kim argued.
"So what? If he is missing meals that's his problem." Zane replied snarkily, lowering his mask to eat.
"Still, he's been acting a bit strange lately..." Kim said in concern.
"When is he not acting weird? He's Garroth, only Irene knows what's going on in that brain of his. If he even has one anyway."

Kim shot Zane a look before looking to Aphmau, who she also gave a look.

"I'm sure he's fine, Kim." Aphmau assured, looking away nervously.
"Right." Kim muttered, returning to her meal.
"So for the next week we really don't have anything to do, do we?" Lucinda thought aloud.
"Nope." Aaron answered.
"Nothing at all?" Lucinda implored, in a small sense of desperation.
"No, we're going to be here bored out of our minds for the next few days." Aaron sighed, getting up from the table and taking his plate to the sink.
"Well, there's always the library!" Kim reminded optimistically.
"Yeahhh...that..too...i guess...." Lucinda uttered. She hated that library, ever since they opened the entrance to the cave she hasn't had a moments peace.
"I guess all of this should be a reminder that I should never let Aphmau convince me to go anywhere ever again." Zane remarked.
"Hey!" Aphmau glared at Zane.
"By the way, are you ever going to eat those eggs?" Aaron asked.
"Blehhh....." Aphmau responded, looking back to her eggs. They were stone cold now.
"You can't just waste the eggs Aph!" Aaron scolded her.
"But they're so groooossss." Aphmau whined, pushing her plate in front of her.
"Aphmau!"
"Man I wish I could just have beans. I eat beans for dinner, lunch and breakfast." Aphmau muttered sadly.

Everyone stared at Aphmau silently.

"You...you eat beans for breakfast?" Kim asked quietly.

Aphmau sat quietly for a moment.

".....You don't?" Aphmau quietly replied in confusion.
"Oh boy here we go..." Aaron mumbled.
"WHO EATS BEANS FOR BREAKFAST?!" Zane shouted in a mixture of anger and shock.
"MEXICANS?" Aphmau retorted in confusion. "WHY?!" Lucinda yelled, she didn't find it as confusing as everyone else did but she found the distress it caused everyone that Aphmau could and would eat beans for breakfast hilarious.
"UM BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD? WRAP 'EM IN A TORTILLA AND IT'S THE BEST THING?" Aphmau argued.
"WH-WHY?!" Kim laughed, taking off her glasses.
"It's just how it be Kim." Aphmau added, putting her last word in, and eating a forkful of eggs. "OH SHIT THAT WAS HORRIBLE WHY DID I JUST EAT THAT." Aphmau yelled, spitting cold egg out everywhere.
"Cover your mouth!" Kim scolded Aphmau, backing away from the spray of egg.
"Sorry, sorry." Aphmau could barely mutter, choking on bits of egg.
"Anyways, I guess we should wrap up breakfast now." Aaron announced.
"Wrap it up in a tortilla and into the trash..." Aphmau mumbled.