Morning Haziness

In a few more days Garte would finally arrive to the lodge and everyone would get to come back home, they can handle a few more days at the lodge right?

Lucinda walked into the kitchen, her hair was a mess and she was sloppily dressed. Kim happened to be in the kitchen as well.

"Hey Lucinda are you alright? You look like a bird flew into your hair and you fell face first onto the pavement." Kim asked, surprised at her friends appearance.
"No, I'm not. I haven't been able to get any sleep these past few days." Lucinda responded, cranky with the lack of sleep.
"Why is that?"
"I don't know! I keep feeling this weird, static feeling and every night it gets worse! It keeps me up all. Night. Long."
"Geez that sounds awful, do you know what's causing it?"
"No! And it's driving me crazy!" Lucinda shouted, slamming her head onto the countertop."
"Hmm that's weird...." Kim muttered.
"Not the only weird thing about this whole damn lodge anyway...."
"Yeah... I can definitely agree with you on that...."
"Anyways, how have you been holding up?"
"I've...been fine! I guess...."
"Good for you."
"I've been... reading and uh, napping....a lot."
"Irene I wish that were me."
"It's been so horrendously boring around here though, we're almost done cleaning the lodge and there's less and less things to do! With nothing to do I have to be alone with my thoughts, and I hate being alone with my thoughts!"
"At least we'll be gone soon, just seven more days..."
"Feels....like forever...." Kim trailed off.
"Remember, we just have to be patient Kim." Lucinda assured Kim.
"Yeah. I...just..."
"Uh Kim, you alright?"
"Yeah....yeah-um, it's nothing! Bye now!" Kim uttered, speed walking out of the kitchen.
"Dammit! There she goes acting weird as shit again!" Lucinda slammed her head against the counter once more, in frustration. "I need to find out what's wrong with her and soon!

As Lucinda screamed internally, slouched over the kitchen counter. Aaron walked in to grab something to eat and noticed Lucinda slouched over..

"Uhh...Lucinda are you okay?" Aaron asked awkwardly yet somewhat concerned, looking at Lucinda, poking her shoulder.
"No..." Lucinda groaned, picking herself up from the counter.
"What happened?"
"Everything..."
"I see..." Aaron said, setting some water to heat. "Doesn't seem like you got a good night's sleep, you look like if a bird sold their run-down nest to an all too sentimental-bordering-on-hoarding frog"
"Gee, thanks."
"H-Heh um, h-hows Kim doing?" Aaron stuttered, quickly changing the subject.
"Nope. She was fine before she left but then she started acting weird again."
"Again? Have you figured out what it is that's wrong with her?"
"No, because I haven't been able to focus with everything that's been happening with this stupid lodge!" Lucinda snapped in frustration. "There was the whole boiler thing, and then our cars broke down, and then there's that weird cave full of bad energies LITERALLY behind the wall of the library in this lodge that we STILL haven't figured out how to close up, I can't sleep, and all the food we have is crap! Sorry if I can't detect anything right now!"
"Hey calm down! I understand that this whole situation has been stressful, but we have to take a moment to breathe alright?"
"I know it's just!....look I'm sorry for snapping at you like that, it's just frustrating not being able to do anything about a situation like this....I'm a prodigy! This shouldn't be any problem at all.." Lucinda sighed.
"It's fine Lucinda, the situation has been rather...difficult, to say the least."
"Hey, do you happen to know anything about the lodge and it's specifics of being built?" Lucinda asked, hoping Aaron might know something.
"Not really, although when we went to that liquor store the other day, the really jolly guy told me that BunnyHill has one of the largest burial sites in the country."
"Really? There being a lot of ghosts would make sense if that's the case, but why would there be so many upset spirits?"
"I'm not sure..."
"Do you know anything else?"
"No, that's all he told me."
"Hmm, maybe we should try asking Zane or Garroth, they know a bit about the lodge. Actually speaking of Garroth, he didn't come down for breakfast this morning."
"Odd. I'll go check on Garroth and try my luck with him to see if he knows anything, he won't snap at me like Zane probably would."
"Alright, thanks."

Aaron headed over to Garroth's room, he needed to talk to him.

"Garroth? Are you there? I wanted to talk to you about something...." Aaron asked, knocking on Garroth's door.

No answer.

"Garroth?" Aaron tried opening the door but it was locked."Hm maybe he's somewhere else? But I haven't seen him leave his room..."

Before Aaron could step back to leave Garroth's door flung open. It nearly hit Aaron's face.

"What is it?" Garroth asked somewhat annoyed, his hair was a mess and he looked incredibly tired.
"Oh hey! For a second I didn't think you were there, it was so quiet and-"
"What is it that you want Aaron?" Garroth cut Aaron off, more annoyed than the first time.
"Oh right, I just needed to talk to you, can I come in...?"
"Fine, just make it quick."

Garroth's room was in disarray, the blankets were sloppily piled over the bed and some of Garroth's possessions we're scattered around the room.

"Geez Garroth this place is a mess! We've got to have this place clean before your dad gets here y'know!" Aaron commented, looking around the room in shock. Garroth was usually more organized.
"Is that all you wanted to lecture me about? Because I have other things to do." Garroth asked, tapping his foot impatiently.
"What? No, no! I wanted to talk to you about lodge, since you seem to know a lot about it." Aaron insisted.
"Alright, what do you want to know?"
"Do you know the specifics of this land? You know the very spot the lodge was built?"
"Not really, I know more about the scaling, the worth, foot traffic, and a bit of the history, but not really anything to do with the lodge grounds itself." Garroth explained.
"Hmm I see...." Aaron muttered.
"All I can tell you is that this particular spot of land in BunnyHill apparently never grew anything, that's why they chose to a building of its structure here. My father probably knows more about it, seeing as he bought the place n' all, maybe you can ask him when he gets here!" Garroth advised.
"Yeah that's right! Thanks Garroth." Aaron thanked Garroth, walking towards the exit of the room."By the way, or you feeling alright? I don't wanna sound rude but you seem a bit uh, off this morning."
"Oh..oh it's nothing I'm just...a bit tired I guess..." Garroth mumbled, looking to the floor.
"You look tired, get some more sleep. We're almost done cleaning the lodge anyway time isn't too important right now."
"Yeah...yeah I'll probably get myself some more shut eye right now..."
"That's good, take care alright?"
"You too."

Aaron exited Garroth's room and went down the stairs, Kim was standing at the end of them.

"Hey Kim, whats up?"

Kim said nothing, she just stared.

"Uh Kim? Did you hear me?"

Kim shook her head and blinked a couple of times before looking back to Aaron.

"Oh hey Aaron, sorry I think I was spacing out...what did you tell me?"
"Oh, I just asked you what's up."
"From this side of the stairs, you apparently."
"Okay, I set myself up for that one, that I'll admit."
"Haha!" Kim laughed.
"I swear Garroth's rubbing off on you too much..."
"Probably, but it could be worse, I could be body slamming into windows."
"GARROTH DOES THAT?" Aaron asked in complete shock and confusion.
"No, you do. Aphmau told me you've done that like, four or five times in the past." Kim elaborated.
"FIRST I'VE ONLY DONE IT THREE TIMES, SECOND I BET SHE DIDN'T EVEN GIVE YOU THE CONTEXT."
"Nope! She didn't give me any context whatsoever."
"Just when I thought I would never have to explain that story to anyone ever again....oh, before I forget, today we all have to touch up the last few rooms in the third floor and I think we should be done with the lodge once and for all."
"Really?"
"Yup! We'll all get together in about two hours."
"Alright then!"

The two went off to tell the others.

//Howdy y'all! I'm going to be on a vacation with my family next week and won't be able to post. Regular posting will return June 17th!//