Or What You Will

Only six days remained until Garte would come to the lodge.

"We're running out of time." A voice said, fading in the darkness. "Help me. Help them. Help Everyone."

_____________________________________________

Kim woke up in a cold sweat, short of breath. Again. In a place she didn't remember walking to. Again.

"Urghhh.... I'm...in the library? Why?" Kim muttered, rubbing her eyes. "I have my glasses? I never fall asleep with my glasses on."

Kim picked herself up from the cold floor and looked around. It was incredibly cold and very dark, the only lighting coming from a few candles in the room. There was books scattered across the floor, the bookshelves seemed to be in severe disorder.

"Dammit we just finished cleaning everything! Who made this huge mess?" Kim fumed, though as she spoke, she took a minute to take in her words. "Did...did I make this mess?" She wondered, she traced back her steps to try and figure out how she got there."No...no I couldn't have! The last thing I did was go to bed after all of us had that mini party! But....then how did I get here?" She looked at herself. She still had her pink duck pajamas on. "I don't... remember getting up....what's the time?" She began to walk towards the exit of the library when she glanced behind her.

The appearance of a long, slender, shadow figure stood at the entrance to the cave system, a much smaller, stubbier shadow figure sat next to it. Kim turned to them entirely to get a better look but it seemed they left as soon as she noticed they were even there.

"I'm just... seeing things, maybe there's a smudge on my glasses. I just gotta get back to bed." Kim told herself, running the rest of the way to the library exit, there was no doubt she was at least spooked at what she saw.

As soon as she got out she was greeted by the appearance of her friend, Garroth sitting upright in the middle of the waiting room. The entire lobby however, was completely dark, the only light coming from a dimming fire.

"Huh? Garroth? What time is it?" Kim asked, surprised he'd even be awake at this hour.

Garroth didn't answer.

"Maybe he didn't hear me, or maybe he just tell asleep on the couch? But i remember him promptly going to his room at the end of the night." Kim looked to a giant clock that rested above the lodge entrance for her answer. "One... one in the morning? What was i doing in the library at one in the morning? What are you doing here at one in the morning Garroth?" Kim asked her blonde friend yet again, despite her luck having failed the first time when asking for an answer.

Still, he refused to answer her by any means.

"Garroth, are you even awake?" She asked, walking closer towards him.

He had something in his hands.

"Garroth?" She muttered, trying to get a better look.

He was holding the book he had been so infatuated with these past few days.

"What-your book? What're you doing reading so late at night-er, early in the morning? Or did he just fall asleep reading it....?" Kim wondered, coming just a bit closer to him.

At that moment however, Garroth turned to look at Kim. He was very much awake.

Kim paused for a moment, somewhat shaken by Garroth's sudden movement after his lack of such.

"Oh, erm, you are awake." Kim stated awkwardly.

Garroth still didn't say anything he just stared at her coldly.