Warm

The moon rose as the sun vanished, just for the night, the same as every night, as the cycle never changes. Unlike the life on earth, that changes constantly, with every passing day.

Everyone was gathered around the fireplace, snuggled up in big, fuzzy blankets and sipping on hot cocoa. They laughed and cheered as they recounted stories of their past to one another.

"I'm sorry you what?" Aphmau snorted, trying not to choke on her cocoa.
"You just-just BOOKED it out of there-after spilling a whole bowl of soup all over his legs?!" Lucinda laughed, falling to the floor in her fit of laughter.
"What was I supposed to do?! Just be like "oh, sorry about spilling soup all over your legs"?!" Kim protested, chuckling about the story.
"YEAH SORTA!" Aaron replied, wiping tears away from his face, having broke into tears at how hilarious the story was.
"YOU DON'T JUST SPILL SOUP ON SOMEONE'S LEGS AND THEN JUST LEAVE." Garroth commented in fit of laughter.
"Did-Did he ever text you back?" Lucinda inquired, getting up from the floor and trying to regain her composure.
"Heck no! And I hope he never does!" Kim responded aloud, taking her glasses off to clean the tears off her face, as she too started to cry at how ridiculous the tale was.
""Heck"? You say heck? We're grown-ups we can fucking say HELL these days!" Aphmau lectured in a joking manner.
"Language!" Kim retorted.
"My bad, we can hecking say FUCK these days!" Aphmau repeated.
"YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT." Kim laughed out loud, placing her cup of cocoa down.
"Irene, swear words aside, I think Kim's date story takes the cake for worst date ever. At least in comparison to everybody here." Lucinda sighed.
"Oh definitely, and I thought I've had bad dates..." Garroth admitted, sitting back down with a new cup of cocoa.
"Garroth...isn't that your fourth cup?" Aaron quietly asked, staring at Garroth's cocoa cup.
"....No."
"But that was the third time you went back to the kitchen..."
".....So..."
"Garroth I don't think that's good for you." Aphmau stated, slowly taking another sip of cocoa.
"You're not a doctor!" Garroth argued, hastily taking a huge drink of cocoa.
"I'm a doctor!" Kim asserted.
"Hah! Kim can you-"
"That's doctor Kim to you!" Dr. Kim demanded. She didn't go to medical school for four years just so people could leave the "Dr." part out of her title.
"Doctor Kim, can you tell us whether or not drinking four cups of cocoa is bad for you?" Aphmau questioned, gesturing to Garroth.
"Well I suppose it would vary depending what kind of cocoa you're drinking, what brand, how much milk. It's most likely not healthy, but despite all of that I once saw Garroth chow down what was probably twenty pounds of sugar in cakes and treats yet he's still retained his figure so I'm sure he's fine." Dr. Kim explained.
"Ha! Take that guys!" Garroth mocked, chugging the rest of his cocoa.
"Way to get a mouthful of cavities." Zane sneered, coming out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee.
"Actually sugar doesn't inherently give you cavities, cavities are formed by-"
"I don't care." Zane interrupted, going to sit on one of the chairs.
"-Right. Of course." Kim glared at Zane in annoyance.
"So baby brother, was there anything interesting up in the third floor while you guys cleaned?" Garroth inquired, putting down his empty cocoa mug.
"Tch, hell no, what could possibly be even remotely interesting in this run-down shithole?" Zane hissed, rolling his eyes at the question.
"The library! Me and Kim found tons of cool stuff!" Garroth stated gleefully.
"Oh yeah! The library had all sorts of cool and interesting books I've never seen before!" Kim elaborated in joy, cocoa eyes sparkling in excitement.
"Uh huh. Sure you would be interested in the books, but I can't fathom Garroth actually being intrigued by any single piece of paper let alone take a second to glance at it." Zane taunted, rolling his eyes once more.
"Actually there was this one book I found really interesting! It was-"
"Probably a picture book of sorts, knowing you." Zane interrupted.
"No not really..? I mean it has a few pictures but-"
"Go figure. I wouldn't be any more surprised if it were some kind of silly fantasy book." Zane snorted, drinking his coffee.
"....y-yeah I guess it is kind of silly!" Garroth chuckled nervously, looking down sheepishly.
"Was there anything else Kim?" Aphmau asked, curious about the library.
"No, not really, just a loooot of dust. It's kind of weird that they would leave so much behind when they closed this place." Kim replied.
"I guess they were in just that much of a rush huh." Aaron thought aloud.
"Yeah..." Kim said, getting up from where she was sitting. "Well I'm going to get some more cocoa, I'll be right back."
"Oh I wanna get some more cocoa too!" Aphmau added, getting up and following Kim to the kitchen.

Kim and Aphmau were both in the kitchen, waiting for their cocoa to be ready.

"Man I have to find out where I can find this hot cocoa back home, it should be Illegal to for hot cocoa to be this good..." Aphmau commented, watching the pot.
"You probably shouldn't try to find it, or else you'll drink it twenty-four seven and die of some sort of hot cocoa poisoning."
"Ha! You're probably right...."
"Hey Aphmau....can I ask you something?" Kim asked, stirring the spoon inside the pot.
"Go ahead!" Aphmau insisted.
"How did you and Zane become friends? I don't mean to be rude but Zane is....kind of a jerk..." Kim asked, looking away, feeling a bit bad for asking the question.
"I mean, Zane is a bit abrasive, but he's a good guy once you get on his good side! You just have to give him a chance is all." Aphmau explained.
"I don't know how much I can take that for truth, he acts cruel to just about anybody he doesn't know well and he.... isn't really any better towards his own brother..."
"I guess you make a good point...." Aphmau muttered, thinking about what Kim said.
"Could....could you talk to him about that? I would, but I highly doubt I'd even be able to get him to listen to me for a second. You don't have to if you don't want to, I just don't like seeing Zane pull that crap, especially with his family."
"I don't really like opening the family-can of worms, but I'll try, as much as I care about Zane he should be becoming an all around better person not just towards me. So don't worry about it, I'll take care of it."
"Thanks Aphmau..." Kim said happily.
"It's no problem at all Kim." Aphmau smiled.

Aphmau and Kim walked back to the waiting room where everyone was very involved in a deep debate.

"I'm not saying I would have won the oscar, but I would have been nominated!" Lucinda argued.
"What are you guys even talking about now? We were talking about books before we left..." Aphmau muttered.

Everything was okay. Things are going to be alright.

But that's just wishful thinking.

//sorry for the short page today, thanks for reading!//