Chapter 12- Cover Up

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 12- Cover Up

"If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present." Les Brown

I woke up the next morning, on top of my covers and my eyes feeling really gross, a sign that I didn't take out my contacts. I didn't realize until I got down stairs, where Alice and Emma were in the kitchen eating breakfast, announced to me that it was already ten o'clock. Not to mention, that I also did not come down stairs afterwards last night to watch a movie.

I told them that tonight I could make up for that. So it was official, we'd make tonight, and every other Monday a movie night. Movie night Monday. Mentioning that it was Monday Alice gasped. "We didn't go to church yesterday!"

"Just read your Bible for an extra hour and you'll be good." Emma jokes, putting away the ingredients she used for her bagel. "By the way, since you weren't with us last night you didn't hear what I had to say." Emma mentions, turning to me quickly.

"What was that?" I asked, grabbing the cereal from the pantry and the gallon of milk.

"I freaking saw JC Ace at the party. Hand to God, not even lying to you." Emma tells with a wicked grin on her face. Like she was amused yet shocked at the same time.

"What are the odds, huh?" Alice mumbled, shaking her head, still scooping little spoons of her Greek yogurt on a teaspoon.

"The dude is an idiot. First, I saw him making out with some girl, and I was like whatever it's just a girl. Well then, about two minutes later the girl's boyfriend shows up and the two start fighting. Maybe an hour later I was passing the living room looking for that Asher guy, and he drops his cigarette on the carpet, stomps on it and burns a hole. I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't think someone could be that stupid." Emma rants, shaking her head with wide eyes of horror.

You'd think, even if you didn't smoke cigarettes, that you'd not stomp it out on the carpet, but apparently not. "The dude has no common sense what so ever. How are girls attracted to that gross cigarette breath?" Alice wondered, looking down at her yogurt disgusted.

"It's the looks not his breath!" Emma defends, "Anyways, I thought it was just weird that he was on the same beach as us. I didn't expect to see anyone from Avon here."

"Small word." I mumbled, before shoving a spoon full of cereal in my mouth. Now that I thought about it how did I not cringe at the smell when I kissed JC? I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and I spent probably spent hours kissing him that day.

"But plenty of beach." Alice argued, "New topic. Anyone else want to check out those cute little beach shops down the road? I want to see what they have and maybe get a chair and an umbrella."

"I'm down for that. It looked like it had some cool beach cloths." Emma agreed, finishing her bagel. I only realized then that she looked ready to head for the beach with her cover up and dark blue bikini showing.

"Sounds good to me. I just need to get ready." I said, pouring morning cereal into my bowl. Usually I only had a bowl of cereal, maybe a little more after if I was really hungry, but this time I poured another full bowl of cereal on top of my milk feeling extra hungry.

About twenty minutes later, I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, staring at my reflection. My hands went down on my stomach, looking at every side. You could bare notice the sheer bump over my stomach. I only could faintly see it because I was looking for it purposely. Whoever could notice it, like Emma had yesterday, has to have 20/20 vision or better if possible.