Chapter 22- Blue Everything

Quick message before we start, if you're ever interested in reading the WHOA BABY PREVIEWS but never know when we post/where. FAN (or follow) us to get NOTIFICATION emails or posts on your news feed. ALSO!

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER TO GET UPDATED NOTIFICATION AND MORE PREVIEWS ON WHOA BABY!!! Follow us on Twiter @RealityTweet101. ~Cheers and Happy Reading!

Whoa Baby

Chapter 23- Blue Everything

"Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, it's called growing up." -Hepburnettes {Cherry Knots}

*1 month later*

When I say everybody knows, I mean everybody knows now. It was confirmed when Miles came back last Monday and told me that my mother had directed the whole sermon in addressing the rumor circulating the town. I figured it must have been hard for her to do, and I felt ashamed that I wasn't there to stand by her, but she told me that's how she would have liked to do it. Alice made a comment saying maybe it was for the better. To protect me.

I figured everyone knew because of Emma and Alice. They probably sent out invitation even when I told them not yet. But they swore up and down, hand on the bible- the one on Emma's iPad at least- that they solemnly did not send out any invitations. I could only trust them after that.

But it was a month in the making. Another doctor's appointment to go to. The last one they said. To check all his important organs like the brain, heart and kidney. She'd count his fingers and toes to see if all ten are developed, check the placenta and the fluid levels and double check all the blood cells, red and white.

Again, it's the last visit. Doctor Lahey reminded me on the phone that it was extremely important that I'd get the father's medical information and signature. I've dreaded it for weeks upon weeks and still I have not found the courage to knock on his door, eight houses down, and ask him if he could fill the papers. That being said, I didn't even have the papers with me. If that were the case they'd be filled out weeks ago. They were at the clinic, empty in my file, waiting for him to fill out.

Lastly, upon request, I had to go shopping with Miles, Emma and Alice. The event brought me to tears, literally, when I realized I couldn't shop at my favorite stores anymore and had to go find something in the maternity stores. Now you must be think well that the heck have I been wearing this whole time then?

Cotton shorts, tee shirts, tank tops, swim suits, sun dresses... Figure out what makes them all the same? Elasticity and loose cotton fabric. Trying to find a dress that I feel comfortable in while looking like I swallowed a dodge ball doesn't help.

So today, when I woke up half conscience, I didn't question why Miles suggested I put on some dress I've never seen before. It was blue with some sort of pattern design throughout, and then down the middle three tribal stripe designs with a thin braided belt. I only finally took more notice of it when I was fully awake and sitting at a small breakfast place Miles wanted to try out a few miles down the road.

"Who got me the dress?" I asked him, thanking the waitress who handed me a tall glass of orange juice.

"Ah, so now you notice?" He chuckles, pouring cream and sugar into his coffee. Oh how much I miss coffee.

"Yeah, it's actually pretty, and comfortable." I nod, taking a long sip as I waited impatiently for my breakfast. I hate waiting, absolutely hate it.