Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless

Whoa Baby

Chapter 19- Fear To Fearless

"Fear is stupid and so are regrets." -Marilyn Monroe

*One Month later*

It's been about a month since my last appointment. Miles visited one other time for 4th of July week to have a fun time- and to see us of course. My mom, although, visited about five times more than Miles. One of those unannounced times where when we hosted a Color War in our backyard. Teams of five had to complete eight different challenges, each challenge you got slightly tipsier so it was harder to do the next challenge. Each team was a different color, hence the reason for the name Color Wars. I, myself didn't participate but found myself an easy spot as referee. So when does my mother come? When, for the first time in my life, I poured vodka in Dixie cups for one of the teams to do its challenge. My mother watched from the deck, screamed my name, and party was over... until the next night that is.

Also within the month my stomach grew; no shock there. It was now the time to use one piece bikinis and that surf shirt I bought. Instead of walking around or playing in my bikini I'd wear a baggy shirt to cover up. It was easy to cover up, baggy clothes did it for me, patterns too and no one knew. I too started to look more at magazines and online websites, talking about teen pregnancy which gave me a lot of great advice. It also got me a little excited, being able to looking through baby furniture and clothes.

But everything was still the same, relationships I mean. JC and I didn't talk, nor did I see that ever changing. My grandmother found out, I wasn't the one who told her, but she was just as I expected, angry, humiliated, disappointed, and in shock. She didn't come to see me, she just wanted a phone call to confirm and when I did she hung up. Surprisingly I didn't care, I continued to watch my friends play chicken fight on each other shoulders while Alice, Gemma and I dug ourselves chairs in the sand, which everyone ended up stealing. They could have dug their own.

Lastly, being fourteen weeks pregnant meant that I had to go in for more tests. Procedure tests, to make sure the baby wouldn't come out with any problems. The test evaluated the risk to see if the baby had Down syndrome, heart defects, and some of things. They also tested blood and other things, test with big names that I just nodded my head at and Okayed. It was also the visit where I could find out the sex of the baby if I wanted to know. I guess that was a decision I was going to make on the spur of the moment, whether at the time I would want to know or not.

That appointment would be coming soon. Alice and Emma called dib on coming, my mom though had said she would still go, even wait in the waiting area if she had to, but she wanted to be at the appointment most of all.

We're all doing good, great even. Emma and Alice went grocery shopping. I wasn't in the mood to go. I didn't sleep much the night before, so it was my lazy day. I laid in bed with my phone and a book, and from time to time I would switch off. It wasn't until I was interrupted, reading the most adorable short passage tweet about some couple.

The doorbell rings once and just as I pick my head up it rings again. I roll off my bed heading down stairs and towards the door. I wasn't expecting anyone to be over. Emma and Alice said they'd be back at five, it's already four. Unless they did a really quick buy, but still I didn't expect them to only take ten minutes.

I open the door hesitantly and peek behind it. I must have looked shocked. It had to be the look of shock that etched my face because that's the only thing I was feeling. My mouth was slightly ajar as I stood half way in front of the door. Looking at no other than Carrie Ace herself.