Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too

Whoa Baby

Chapter 17- Daddies Cry Too

"Whether or not you face the future it happens." – Pretty In Pink

I woke up the next morning, for once not meeting the toilet. Trust me I'm just as shocked. My favorite part of my toilet free morning was getting my first peaceful all night sleep and waking up at the decent hour of nine. Since the morning was starting out flawless I hoped that the rest of the day stayed that way. Since recent events I didn't think I'd feel this happy or comfortable in my current situation. It felt like a normal day.

Miles woke up around the same time as me and we made French toast together. Alice came down in her running cloths, headphone in her ears, mumbling to us as she walked by 'can't believe I over slept' and walked out the back door.

About half an hour later, Emma woke up, after Miles and I made plans that we'd walk about the shops and then go relax at the beach. I told him he had to meet our new ginger friend, Gabe and the other girls. Maybe if we casually walk by his house he'd be out there with the rest of them playing some sort of game. Today, I wanted to have fun!

"Miles and I were talking last night and we should have our own party and invite people over." Emma suggests, after Miles explains about our plans briefly.

"That's sounds pretty cool to me. Bonfire kind of party?" I comment. Thinking about it more and more I didn't know how we'd pull it off. I mean every beach party we've been to there's booze. I doubt any of these teenagers here could go one sober night without it; and there's no way we're supplying their addiction.

"Before you over think things as per usual. I talked to Gabe and Asher about it and they'd say as long as we supply the location they'll do everything else. Drinks and fire building pretty much. I told them we could get the snack and s'mores kit. They'll bring over some chairs too. I was thinking to buy tiki torches. That would be pretty cool." Emma explains.

"Make it a Lou out theme!" Miles shouts, jumping in his chair when the idea strikes him.

"That would be so cool!" I agree with Miles with an enthusiastic look. "I say we do that. I'm in."

"Alright, I think I can whip something together." Emma chuckles, grabbing a pen and pad of paper from one of the draws, making a list of things she probably needs. "Alice is already up, right?"

"Yeah, she over slept and went out for a jog." Miles tells her, sliding a plate across the island of French toast and syrup. "Good luck breaking the news to her about the party." Miles snickers, taking a seat next to me and chowing down on his breakfast.

"Actually, I think she's slowly coming around to this new freedom life style." Emma says as a matter of fact. Looking over to Miles' breakfast and eyeballing it.

About twenty minutes later Alice came back from her jog and took a shower all before breakfast. All together we went out to the shops, Emma dropping hints here and there about what our party was about without saying it was truly our own backyard beach party. Miles, bought a forty-two inch inflatable beach ball thinking it'd be the big hit of the party. It was pretty giant, but his stubborn mind didn't think otherwise. During the time too, it might have slipped, unintentionally, from Miles of course, that the party ideas we've been hinting at are the actual party ideas we're putting into play. Alice was weary about it. Doing that whole overthinking she does and thinking about all possible negative possibilities that'd happen. It was still going through regardless.