Chapter 29- Invisible Lines

Whoa Baby

Chapter 29- Invisible Lines

"Only a few people care. The rest are just curious."- Gossip Girl

I sat on the porch on another sunny yet windy afternoon. A few days after my intense fight with JC. One of the many we'll have I assume. The baby book of names in one hand of my hands and the other hand twirling a strand of hair between my fingers. It's relaxing and peaceful, and in the moment I'm happy.

I'm on the letter G for names. Not many names I liked started with G. A lot of old names like Gregory, Gary, or Gabriel; none that I like. Gage was just a weird name- no offense to anyone named Gage. I think the only name I highlighted was Gavin; and even that I didn't totally like. It was also interesting to read the meaning of some names. I looked up what Paisley meant, I hated it. Did my name really have to mean church? What are the odds? I could also be a fabric design. That I liked a bit better.

As I flip the page I hear a car door close. Lifting my head I notice JC's car, parked in the drive way. He stood by it, seeing me on the porch. His hands shoved deep in his pockets as usual, lips pressed together tightly. I brought my head down with a sigh, taking a deep breath as I breeze by the names. I hear his feet scratch the gravel as he approaches. Then his footsteps hitting the wooden steps. He didn't sit on the other patio chair next to me, but from the corner of my eye I could see him leaning against the column.

"If you're planning on talking to about last visit's topic do note that I will cry and I'm in no mood for that today." I tell him flipping the page. I literally jinxed myself. Peaceful moments don't last long.

"Did you think about what I told you last time?" He asks in a low voice.

I sigh again to relax myself. The name Guy is stupid. So much creativity right there. "I did. Sit." I instruct him pointing to the chair next to me. I flip the page entering the name world of H's. Oh my God they're already starting off bad. Who in the world is going to name their child Hades! It means hell! The poor baby. Hart? More like fart with an H. Lame.

"So, are you going to talk?" JC said breaking me out of my trance of hated H names.

"I thought about what you said." I said in a voice a little bit above a whisper. "And my mom tried to get me to make sense of it. So did Emma." I add, most of my focus was on the names even though I knew I should really talk to him about this. Harvey, has a nice ring to it. Harvey. Highlight.

"And?" JC encourages with his motioning hand.

"Sorry, I'm on a roll here." I mumble grinning when I saw the name Haven. That's such a pretty word. Wait that can be a guy's name? I would think more of a girl name. "But as I was saying. I did think about what you said. As much as I have a point you have a point as well. People say forgive and forget but you'll always remember. I'll always remember what happened, how you wanted to give up the baby, how you didn't want to accept the consequences, how you blatantly told me you don't any part of this. But you do want to try. Some girls aren't that lucky. It's nice that you tried. I know I'm not always the most pleasant person to be around-"

"Ha, no doubt." He scoffs, making a joke I think.

I crack a grin, pushing my hair behind my ear. "But anyways. As much as a stubborn pain in the ass I can be, I know what the right thing to do is. And I shouldn't discourage you for wanting to be a part of this." I rest my book on my stomach, pursing my lips to the side. "You've got to prove it to me though. You've got to show me that you're not kidding around this time and you really want to be a part of this. If you ever say something like that again you better mean it, because I'm not giving you another chance. This is your chance, now prove it."