Chapter 23- The Sperm

Whoa Baby

Chapter 23: The Sperm

"Destiny is for losers. It's just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen." - Blair Waldorf

I freaking knew it. Knew that he'd ditch me. Not even a phone call! Ugh! How stupid can I be to believe him? How rude too! Ten minutes past one. It's not like I could leave, my wonderful friends took the car to go God knows where. I could take Miles', that was the plan if JC didn't show up but I can't find that damn car keys! Why did I even agree for him to pick me up? Stupid!

"Thank you for finally picking up!" I shout through the phone when Miles answers my call.

"Sorry, I didn't know my phone was on silent. What do you want? Everything okay?" He wonders, as I hear Alice and Emma in the background mumbling.

"Where's your car keys? I have an ultrasound appointment and you guys took the car." I explain standing in the middle of the living room.

"Oh! I thought you weren't going to need the car?" He remembers.

"Yeah, change of plans." I mumble, "Now where are they I'm already late as it is."

"Um, let's see. I probably either left them on top of your dresser, kitchen table, or that table by the front door." I kept him on the phone the whole time while looking for the keys. It wasn't until Miles told me to check the coffee table, when I moved all the magazines into one neat stack when I found them. "Do you need us to meet you there?"

"No, I'm fine." I sigh, grabbing my bag and heading for the door, "I'll just have to-" When I opened the door JC stood there, spooked, just about to knock his fist on my forehead. "For the love of God!" I shout.

"What? What's wrong?!" Miles shouts loudly and worriedly.

"Are you aware of what time it is?" I question to JC with a scowl on my face.

"I'm sorry I took a nap and overslept." JC argues.

"I'm sure." I grumble, closing the door behind me. "I'm sure someone else in that bed was keeping you." I said to myself while walking around him.

"Who are you talking to?" Miles asks, still on the phone with me.

"I'll call you back later. Bye." I tell Miles, ending the call.

"I apologize." He says, following me to the car.

"I don't accept your apology. You had one job. You had one responsibility. You even offered to bring me and I didn't ask for much other than to sign some damn papers, JC." I argue, worked up and aggravated with him. If he couldn't go through with one things how could I trust him with anything in the future? "You didn't have to make up some poor excuse as to oversleeping in the afternoon. You could have just called me and cancelled so I wouldn't be late."

"It wasn't an excuse but whatever. Get in the car so I can at least try to get you there on time" He commands, pointing to his car parked on the curb in front of the house.

"No." I said clearly, walking away.

"Paisley, just get in the car and stop being childish." He says in response to my no.

I scoff, "Don't talk to me about being childish."

He rolls his eyes, "Now is not the time. Please just get in my car." He says once more.

I hesitate, only thinking about those papers I really needed for him to fill out. "Fine." I mumble quietly under my breath as I walked over to his car. When I sat myself in the passenger seat of his Jeep, buckling myself in I told him, "The only reason why I'm doing this is because I've put this off long enough. I just want to get it over with."