Part 6

I sat on the bathroom floor, tears forming in my eyes, and hands shaking.

"Okay Lola I'm coming in." Jenna shouted from the other side of the door.

"No, I'm coming out!" I shouted back in panic. I looked around the bathroom. "Um...hey Jenna, just go to class I'll be there."

"You sure?" Jenna asked, unsure.

"Y-yeah...just go..." I said.

I heard her footsteps walking away.

I felt my heart pound. I couldn't be the avatar...could I? I pushed those thoughts away because, I knew I had to get out of school.

I looked up and between the stalls and sinks there was a window just big enough to fit me. I grabbed the trash can and placed it under the window. I put on my backpack, dumped the tea, and climbed my way out. I walked all the way home, well more like ran. I came to the front door and grabbed our key under a rock, I opened the door slowly and quietly. No one was home. I put the key back and locked the door on the inside. I ran upstairs and jumped on my bed sobbing. "Me the Avatar? What am I supposed to do?" I thought to myself.

As I was thinking I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, running and screaming.

"Lola your school called me!" It was my mom. "Lola Anne, I hope you have a good reason of WHY YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL?!"

I cleared my throat and wiped the tears that came down my face.

Mom opened my door with anger but her face softened when she saw me crying.

"Cindy," I said quietly.

Mom sat next to me, with her angry face gone she rubbed my leg and said, "Oh honey what did she do?"

"She tripped me in front of the entire school! I just can't take her anymore!"

My mom hugged me as I sobbed into her shoulder. "It's okay Lola. There will always be mean girls."

I sniffled. "Not like her mom."

"Do you need anything?"

"No."

"Alright." She got up and left my room. My phone buzzed. I got a text from Jenna:

Where are you?

Me:

At home...

Jenna:

Why???

Me:

Just come over!

Jenna:

I'm outside your house.

I ran to my window just to see a fireball fly up then shoot down. I opened my window, and earthbent some stairs.

Jenna climbed up, I bent the stairs away as Jenna walked back and forth. "What happened to 'I'll be in class'?" Jenna asked. "Like, I think it's cool you got the guts to skip, but next time let me in on it!"

I sighed. Jenna had a temper. "Listen," I said, "something happened something...weird."

Jenna laughed. "Honey, we're benders we don't get much weirder."

I looked down. "Do you have a water bottle?"

Jenna looked confused. "Um, yeah?" She pulled it out and handed it to me.

I opened it and focused. I sat on my knees and stared at it.

"Ya know Lola? This is a really neat trick. I'm stunned! How can you sit there and-OW!" she yelped. I smacked her in the leg with a rock a kept in my room.

I stood up and raised my hand. The water rose up and out of the water bottle as my hand went higher and higher. Jenna stood there with her mouth open. I gently put the water back. I decided this is a golden opportunity, even though I was really freaked, I said. "You were right Jenna, that wasn't really impressive."

Jenna stood jaw dropped, taking a step back. "H-h-how?" She asked trembling.

I sat back on my bed and frowned. "Well I guess my parents kept my bending hidden until I was old enough not to be taken away." I heard thundering steps on the stairs. "My dad..." I whispered in fear.

"Your what?" Jenna asked. I pushed Jenna in the closet.

"Stay quiet!" Jenna didn't argue.

My dad whipped open my door. "LOLA! YOU HAVE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO!" He shouted.