Part 8

The reflection of Avatar Korra in the pond suddenly had an arm and she pulled me in. Korra pulled me to the bottom and I was losing my breath. I tried fighting back but her grip was too strong.

I thought she was supposed to help me?

She pulled my farther and farther until I passed out.

I woke up on green grass and I was wet all over. I wasn't glowing and my hair wasn't flying anymore.

As I stared at the glowing trees surrounding me I heard a woman's voice say, "You're alive if that's what you're wondering."

I jumped back. Avatar Korra was standing a good distance away from me and she wasn't glowing. She had a soft smile. "Hey Lola, I've been waiting to meet you."

I shivered. "How do you know my name?"

Korra chuckled. "I'm your past life. Bet they don't teach you that in class, it makes the Avatar look to powerful." She took a step forward so I took a step back. Her smile became smaller.

"It's okay... I'm here to help you." She walked towards me and I stayed where I was. "Listen," she said, "I need you to trust me." She held out her hand. I looked at it in fear. "Do you not have hand shakes anymore?" She asked in confusion.

I took a breath. "No, we do." I shook her hand, "I'm L-A-I'm..."

Korra smiled wider. "It's okay to say it."

I took a deep breath. "I'm Avatar Lola."

Korra nodded. "Well, Avatar Lola, I am Avatar Korra." She sat on the grass. I sat in front of her. "Lola. I'm the only Avatar you have for council. The others..."

I looked over. "What happened?" I was hoping that the stories I heard at avatar class weren't true.

She shook her head. "They aren't here anymore. You've only got me."

I smiled. "That's just fine with me."

"So, let me teach you all about being the Avatar."

***

Korra took a deep breath and wiped her forehead. "Well, that was long."

I sat there-not in confusion- but in true understanding. "So, you think my destiny is to take back the government?"

Korra nodded. "Yes. I've seen your life through your eyes. The world is horrible. You need to bring peace and balance."

I nodded. "Thank you...Avatar Korra." She stood up and bowed, and I did too. The glowing started to fade and Korra started to look smaller and smaller. Then...BOOM. I was standing in my room. I looked at my clock. It was the same time as I left.

My back didn't ache so much anymore. I walked to my bed and fell asleep.

The next morning I pulled the covers up, the cold air stung my skin.

I looked around to see what was making my room so chilly. I saw my window was wide open. Strange.

I got out of bed, closed the window, and got dressed. Black hoodie, dark green beanie, glasses, jeans with holes in the knees, and my camo jacket. I braided my hair, and walked down stairs.

My mom was on her phone, and sipping coffee. Ward was eating toast and I just grabbed a banana.

"You don't want a ride?" My mom asked, glaring at Ward.

"No, I'll walk with Jenna." I grabbed my bag and headed out. I heard a rustle in the bushes as I walked down my front door stairs.

"Hello?" I called out.

No one answered. I walked down the steps and walked to the corner where Jenna was waiting for me. "Hey Lola, how ya doing?" She asked.

I leaned in and whispered, "I talked with Avatar Korra."

She gasped. "Wait put your phone in the bottom of your bag!" She said.

"Why?"

"So the government won't hear us!" She hissed. I obeyed. I then told her all about it. She gasped at the part of Wan joining the spirits. She actually gasped a lot.

We walked inside the school and stopped talking. Spencer caught our eyes as he sulked around. Jenna gave me a look that said, "No don't help him!"

I didn't listen. Bullies came by and knocked down his books, so I helped him pick it up. He had ripped jeans and a blue jacket and his long black hair covered his face.

"Thanks." He said quietly.

I smiled. "No problem." I started to walk away but then he called after me. "Uh hey?"

I turned around. "Yeah?"

"Umm are you free Friday night?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his head and blushed.

I smiled, but then remembered. "My dad grounded me. Sorry." I frowned. He looked disappointed. "But I can do next Friday?" I suggested

He smiled. "Great! Here's my number." I put his number in my phone and he walked away.

Jenna ran up to me. "Did you just get a date with Spencer Goode?" She asked grinning.

I shrugged. "We can use his help."

She frowned. "We can't trust him!"

I slammed my locker. "Jenna, he's a bender AND he would love to help."

She shook her head. "You should ask Korra."

I punched her shoulder. "Shut up! We can't let the whole school know!"

I heard Cindy's voice behind me. "Know about what?"