Part 32

After Jenna's glare off with Leo he didn't bother us that much for the next two weeks.

In those two weeks we cleaned the temple, set up the temple, worked on the garden, painted some walls, fixed up the stalls, and trained Belle. I hung out with her everyday, sometimes I slept in her stall as she covered me with her warm wings.

Belle was still scared of others, but she allowed mom and Reina to pet her. I could see Leo roll his eyes whenever I talked about her.

One night before we went to bed, Reina requested we all go in the sitting room.

We all sat on the orange pillows on the birch wood floor.

Reina gave her bright smile as she said, "First of all I would like to say that you all have done a amazing job with the temple. And we will have a visitor soon." She glanced at me for a second before she said, "High member Grant will be staying for a month to finish Lola's waterbending training."

Jenna, Carter and I groaned at the news. "Don't worry, there is good news also." She said looking at the three of us. "The White Lotus has now taken back, the Western and Southern Air Temples!"

We cheered at the news. Everything is going by so quick! "So Lola, after you finish water we can start air!" Reina said with excitement.

"Hey, we'll finally be able to train together." Carter said with a smile.

"Hey, that's not all!" Reina said, holding up her hands, she turned to me and said calmly. "The high members are also looking into the case of who leaked the information to the government that you're the Avatar. They might be able to prove that Spencer is innocent."

I looked up at her with hope in my voice. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yes, but it will take a bit of time."

I nodded back. "Yeah, of course it's better not to get my hopes up right?"

She clicked her tongue. "Well, not to high."

"Is that it?" Leo asked in an annoyed voice.

Reina rolled her eyes at him. "Yes, that is all." Leo looked like he was going to say something but she shot him a look that said, "I know what you're gonna say, and don't say it."

I walked outside to the stables, when I heard someone call my name.

"Lola!"

I turned to see Jenna racing down the steps as she said, "You think me being your best friend I would see you more, but all you do is look all dreamy-eyed at Carter or you are with Belle."

"I do not look all dreamy-eyed at Carter!" I said crossly. "But, you're right. I'm sorry, you want to go see Belle with me? Maybe she'll start to like you." I said as she made her way to the bottom.

"Nah, you can go ahead, I just wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me for what I said on the trail before we found Belle."

"I'm guessing you're talking about when you said I have to choose between Spencer and Carter? No, I'm not mad at you. You're right. I need to choose. But that's if they let Spencer go. Reina said it could take a while." I said while I sulked.

Jenna put her hand on my shoulder. "It'll be okay. Have you been sending the letters?"

I looked down at my shoes as I said, "No, I thought there would be a way to send letters to the high members, but I guess I was wrong. Spencer is rotting in a prison and it's all my fault."

I held back the tears as Jenna came in for a hug. "It's not your fault."

I pushed her away and shouted, "Yes, it is! Everything is my fault! Leo hating Carter, the death of Tento, the death of all those children, Spencer is prison, Carter being confused about our future. I just...I just...I can't take it anymore!" my knees hit the ground as I sobbed into my arms.

I felt two warm pairs of arms wrap around me. "It's not your fault for any of that." A soft voice said. I looked up to see my mom holding me with Jenna. "Lola, you didn't ask to be the Avatar, you didn't ask for feelings, you didn't ask for Spencer to be in prison. It's not your fault. You need to start believing that."

"We're here for you." Jenna said as she squeezed harder.

"Thanks." I sniffled.

"Stop telling her this." A voice came on the top of the steps. I stood up as tall as I could and wiped the tears away as I stared into Leo's piercing green eyes. "And how do you know about Tento?" he asked as he came down the stairs.

"Carter told me." I said as I tried not to let my voice crack.

Jenna stood in front of me. "Leave her alone, Leo." She formed fire daggers in her fists.

I grabbed Jenna's shoulder. "No, Jenna. If he wants a fight he can fight me."

She moved away as my mom came closer. "Honey-" she tried.

I interrupted "No, mom. I need to do this."

I started taking off my hat, glasses and sweater as mom still argued, "Lola, no you don't. Stop this."

"Mom can you please stay out of this?" I snapped. She backed away in silence as she watched me. I was now just wearing my dark jeans and black tank top. "You want a piece of me? Alright then. Bring it."

I stared Leo down as he stared me down. He was wearing no shirt, and just yellow air nomad pants. "You can't bring me down little girl."

I shot fire at his shoulder but he blocked it. He shot a blast of air at my feet but I was flying on a big rock. He made a air scooter and started circling around me trying to knock me off.

"ENOUGH!" I shouted as I hopped off the rock. I started throwing earth disks at him as he dodged them all and was running closer to me. I shoot a fire blast at his feet knocking him down. He tried to get up but I bent earth covering his hands and feet. I shot more and more earth until he broke free and shot five air blasts at me until I was down.

I got up quickly and stomped on the ground. I created a hole in the ground and he almost fell in, he gave himself an air boost as he came back on the ground. He pushed air at my sides leaving me spinning as I tried to shoot fire. Then I was in a bubble of air. I was up about three feet in the sky when I heard,

"STOP THIS NONSENSE!" That sounded like Reina. I cringed when I looked. It was. I was in big trouble. I looked over to see Leo in a bubble too, but he fought the air and hopped out.

"LEO, LOLA! WHAT IS GOING ON?"

Carter came running out of the temple in shock. "Leo! What did you do?" Carter shouted as looked at me in a air circle bubble thing, to Leo in disgust.

"I did this." Reina said, with her arms still raised keeping me locked inside.

"LET ME OUT, REINA!" I shouted.

Carter looked back at his mom. "Yeah, let her out!" Carter demanded.

"No, if I let her out, her and Leo will start fighting again. And I can't keep Leo in there for long." Reina said as she kept her eyes on me, "Now, someone tell me please what happened?"

Jenna and Leo were about to say something but my mom stood up and said, "Leo came out here ready to pick a fight with Lola, he saw she was emotional and he saw it as chance to take her down. I tried to stop Lola," the mom turned to me, "but she said she didn't need me."

I winced when I realized that must have hurt mom. "I'm sorry mom! But I stand with my choice. Leo had it coming."

I glared at him as he smirked and said, "Well, I'm not the one in a bubble. And am I the only one who realizes that Lola is too sensitive? Like all I have to do is-" He blasted a circle of air at my mom...

Then I was out.