Part 28

The blur of what had happened that night ran through my mind. I laid in the dark, clutching onto my blanket. It was so quiet in my room, I could hear my breathing. I sat up and saw a line of light under my door.

Was that slight line of light be the thing that's keeping me up?

No, it was Spencer, and my 'vacation'.

After I left Spencer, the high members told me they finally got the Northern air temple back.

They decided, that Jenna, Carter, Reina, and I, are going to the Northern Air Temple.

"Your mental health is concerning us, Lola. And we know that Jenna calms you and having Carter there will help with your training. You'll also be accompanied by Carter's older brother Leo. You will be leaving in a couple of days."

Leaving?

In a couple of days?

Paul went on about the temple and how we would try to turn it to its former glory, while I can practice air bending, and my spiritual side of being the Avatar.

Afterwords I just went to bed.

I was supposed to defend Spencer, but I didn't get the chance. My head was throbbing.

I hate change.

I looked into the darkness in my room as I thought of everything that has changed.

I'm fourteen (Fifteen in a month) I'm supposed to be thinking about homecoming. Not saving the world. I should be worried about the upcoming Science test. NOT my mental health.

Just four months ago, life was normal. Now: My father is hunting me, Spencer is in prison, I'm the Avatar.

Avatar.

Ugh, I started hating that word so much. I felt a anger burn inside of me. Why me? Why ME, Raava?

***

"Lola?" I felt my mom shake me a bit. "Honey? Change of plans, you are leaving this afternoon, and I'm coming with."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "Okay, mom. I'll pack, you go pack too."

She nodded and walked away.

I turned on the light and got dressed.

Black beanie, I was too tired to put in contacts so I put on my glasses, black leggings, a fluffy sweater, and my black boots.

I grabbed the bag I used when Carter drugged me. I packed all my stuff, then left for lunch.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." Carter flashed his smile, as he gave me a bowl of oatmeal.

"Haha very funny, Carter." I gave a mock laugh.

We walked over to the table Jenna was sitting at, in the cafeteria .

"Well, look who decided to eat with us!" Jenna said as I sat down. "You ready for today, Lola?" She asked, "You know, it's going to be a two hour ride? Only two hours! We are taking a speed jet!"

"Let's just hope Carter doesn't get air sick. Oh and, what is this about your older brother?" I asked him.

He looked down and frowned, "Uh yeah, he's been a soldier and been away for about fourteen, fifteen, years."

I placed my spoon down and looked up at Carter's eyes. "Fourteen years? Does this have anything to do with me?"

Carter's eye darted from mine. "Look, he left a while ago, I was only a baby. I've only met him once, and he looked at me like-like-... I don't know, but it wasn't a 'I love you' look."