Carter's POV

I was laying on my bed after dinner, by myself. I couldn't stop thinking about Lola: the way she looked so nervous at dinner. Did Spencer or Grant do something to her? If they did, I swear-

Knock Knock Knock

Knocking on my door stopped my thinking. I got off my bed and opened the door to see Lola standing in my doorway, she looked relieved but upset.

"Lola?" I said.

She looked up slightly and said, "Can I come in?"

I nodded slowly as I opened the door and she walked in. I watched her walk in with her hair swaying: it was so dark and beautiful, I wanted to sink my face in it.

"Lola, are you okay? You look-" I didn't get to finish because she kissed me. She caught me off guard but I kissed her back.

I finally leaned back and asked, "Wait, does this mean you picked me?"

She nodded with a wide smile.

I ran my fingers through my hair and in awe said, "I have to ask your mom first though. Make sure she approves." She smiled as I went down on one knee grabbed her hand and asked in my most cheesy voice, "Avatar Lola, will you be officially my girlfriend?"

She nodded with a her biggest, brightest, most beautiful smile. "Yes, but let's wait for about two weeks before we start dating. In respect of Spencer." She said frowning.

I nodded as I stood up. I understood she didn't want to hurt him.

I looked at her and I couldn't take it any longer. Her lips looked so warm and soft and her green eyes just melted mine, so we kissed again until she said, "I should go to bed." she grabbed the doorknob and she was about to walk out but I grabbed her hand.

I wanted to beg her stay, I was drunk by her, I loved this girl so much. I loved her beauty, her strength, I loved the way she defended herself and others, I loved the way she cared, the way she blushed when Jenna or I would tease her, I loved every part of her. I wanted to tell her this all, I wanted to tell her how much I love her, but I just smiled and said, "Goodnight, Lola."

She smiled back. "Goodnight Carter."

***

I could barely sleep that night. I could only think about the way she said she picked me.

Me...I still couldn't believe it. I finally fell asleep knowing I'm the most lucky guy on Earth

The second I woke up I got dressed and ran upstairs. I knew it was only 5:45 am and Lola probably wouldn't be up until 6, so I went into the garden and picked a yellow flower.

I walked upstairs and I looked at the clock. It was almost 6, she would be up by now. I waited outside her door. I was tempted to go inside and wait. But a couple minutes passed and the door opened.

She looked up at me and said, "Hey!" her voice was so beautiful and happy, it made the butterflies in my stomach dance even more. She pulled me into a warm hug and she dug her face into my chest.

She finally looked up, I kissed her soft forehead and said, "Fourteen days."

She smiled and dug her head back into my shirt and I heard her whisper, "Fourteen days."

We waited for a while for Jenna to come out then we all walked downstairs. We stopped at the main room when we saw guards everywhere. Jenna and Lola looked as confused as I felt.

I heard Jenna say something but I was too focused on Lola talking to a guard, he was saying something about someone being here. I came closer and asked, "Who is it?"

The guard stuttered and Jenna snapped, "Spit it out."

The guard looked at me and said, "It's your father." Then I was frozen. My childhood flashed before my eyes.

I saw tiny, quick, scenes of my mom and dad kissing and my dad playing with Leo and I. Then I grew up and him and mom were arguing. Then I remembered the awful scene. The scene that ended up getting my father a divorce.

I felt something hit my face. I shook my head and I was knocked out of this flashback. I looked around and said, "Where is he?"

Lola was about to say something but Grant cut her off by saying, "Avatar Lola, Fire Princess Jenna, this is Guno. Carter's father." I could see the girls' eyes watching him carefully. My father's eyes looked at Lola with such greed, such evil that I wanted to tear out his throat.

"Well, my my my, you must be the Avatar..." He said with a smirk that I knew Lola was thinking it looked like mine.

I grabbed Lola's arm and pulled her behind me gently. He then looked at my arm protecting her and said, "...and apparently the girlfriend."

I could tell Lola was uncomfortable by him, the only person who was allowed to joke about us, is Jenna. I then said with obvious anger, "What the heck are you doing here?"