Part 38

"Is that anyway to talk to your father?" Grant hissed.

I pulled Carter's arm back as Guno shook his head.

"No no," Said Guno as he looked at Grant, "I understand." he turned back to Carter and I.

I pulled away from Carter and reached out my hand for a handshake. I swallowed and said, "It's nice to meet you Guno, and no Carter and I aren't dating." Guno shook my hand as I spoke.

Carter grabbed my hand and tied his fingers with mine. I noticed he was trying to stand taller than his father even though his father had a good two inches on him. "At least not yet..." He said not breaking his glare at his father.

"How about a proper greeting for your father?" Guno asked, as he reached his arms out.

Carter squeezed my hand harder while he said, "You...are only my biological father...that's it...nothing more." Then he let go of my hand and walked out.

Jenna stood next to me and I noticed she was also trying to look taller. "Hello Guno, I'm Fire Princess Jenna." She said clear, crisp, and with no emotion.

Guno nodded and smiled then turned back to stare at me.

"So, are you staying?" I asked.

"Guno is a pilot, he flew Oliver here. Oliver is a highly skilled fire bender and scientist, he is here to tutor Jenna, so Guno will only be staying for a couple of days, he also wanted to see the temple." Grant said.

"Then why did they need a huge amount of guards?"

"The high members knew the government would see our plane and they wanted them to see the plane because we stole it from one of the temples, so if they decided to attack, we have highly skilled benders. So the high members just wanted to rub it in the government's face." He responded.

He then looked over and he smiled. "Oliver!" he called out. He turned back to us and said, "Ladies, this is Oliver." He gestured toward a teen walking towards us.

The teen waved at us. "Hey,"

I smiled. "I'm Lola and this is Jenna." I looked over at Jenna: she looked like she was about to say something but she couldn't manage to say anything.

She finally smiled and shook his hand. I studied the teen as Jenna shook his hand. He was skinny, about a inch taller than Carter, he was wearing black jeans, and a red hoodie, he had black hair, with gold eyes that would shine every time he moved them, he had a bit of a tan and quiet smile.

"You're my science tutor?" Jenna asked with a sarcastic smile.

"What? Did you imagine me with glasses and slicked back hair? Sorry Princess we ran out of those nerds." He chuckled.

I held back a laugh when I saw Jenna give a smile I never have seen her give. It felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see Spencer behind me. "Hey Lola, you might want to go check on Carter, he is by the pond and he looks...well...he looks...just go out there..." He said with pleading eyes.

I turned to Oliver and said, "It was nice to meet you but I have to go."

Grant and Guno were talking and ignoring me as I spoke but Oliver gave me a thankful smile, and he went back to talking to Jenna.

I turned and ran out to the garden. The second I got to the garden, the smell of flowers and berries entered my nose as I looked over at Carter.

I walked over to him, past the bushes and gazebo, I walked downhill to the pond and I choked at the sight of him.