Part 45

I sucked in a deep breath of the cold south pole air. I was here. I was in pain, but I was here.

I felt the pain of losing my friends hit my head like a rock. I took a shaky breath out and I felt tears come down my cheek.

I took a step forward out of the jet with Spencer next to me and Grant in front of me.

"So, you really did it, huh?" Spencer quietly asked me.

I felt tears fall off my face and a cold breeze froze to my face. "I-I did it." I said standing tall and wiping my tears away.

I did it. I broke up with Carter...

***

(10 hours earlier)

I woke up with pressure on my chest. I opened my eyes to see a lemur staring into my eyes.

"What the-" As soon as I spoke it flew away. Making the cold feeling of loneliness fill me. I sat up on my bed and rubbed my forehead.

"Ugh..." I moaned as I stood up.

Then I realized. I'm leaving today.

Today

I opened my dresser. Did I even have any clothes that would keep me warm? I sighed and pulled out a long sleeve black knit sweater, long thick tan sweatpants, my beanie, my camo jacket, my water jug, and black boots.

I put it all on and left my room.

I realized I had horrible timing because Jenna walked out of her room the same time I did.

We stopped and looked at each other for a quick second.

Jenna's hair was slightly above her shoulders, most people couldn't pull of this haircut, but she could. Her big brown eyes were tired, she was wearing a white tank top, jean shorts, long black socks with short red converse.

When she saw me her expression changed: Her eyebrows stuck together and her lips pursed, like she ate something really sour.

"Jenna I-" I started but Jenna stuck a hand up.

"Lola. I don't want to hear it." she said glaring at me. "As far as I'm concerned you can go to-"

"Good morning ladies!" Grant interrupted. "I see you're dressed accordingly to wear you're going." He smiled.

Jenna took a deep breath out. "Whatever." and she walked away.

"Well, you're in a good mood." I snickered at Grant.

"I'm heading home." Grant said with another smile.

I walked away down the stairs and felt the anxiety swarm inside of me.

I walked into the dining room for breakfast. In there was: Oliver, Jenna, mom, Ella, Reina, Carter, Spencer, and some air acolytes.

"Good morning." I said sitting next to my mom. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

"After this you need to pack." She told me.

I nodded as I ate.

For the rest of breakfast no one spoke. It was complete silence.

I walked out of the room. In silence. I hated this quiet. It reminded me that Carter and Jenna hated me, and I'm leaving.

I walked up to my room and I started to pack.

I packed all my clothes, and some books. I was done pretty fast, so I decided to ride Belle. I walked down to go in the stables but my mom caught me.