Part 19

We walked up to "The Jasmine Dragon" it was a popular chain tea restaurant. We stood staring in at it from the parking lot.

A voice broke my staring. "What?" I asked.

Spencer chuckled. "I said, 'You wanna go in?'."

I nodded. "Yeah sorry, it's just so many people are in there."

Now he looked at all the people. I really couldn't deal with big crowds. He clicks his tongue. "Well you want to eat outside? Only a couple of people are out there." His dark blue eyes stared into mine.

I nodded and grinned. "Yeah, that would be nice."

He offers to go order our stuff while I grab a table. I asked for Jasmine tea (my favorite, and cabbage cookies.) I gave him some money but he tried to give it back.

"No I asked you, I pay."

I shook my head. "No, we should pay evenly."

He finally accepted. I took a table for two. It had a green umbrella and some flowers. I sat for a few minutes then I saw a person across the field of tables. They were wearing a long coat, a scarf, and hat.

I stared. They looked familiar. I gasped. I ran over there and whipped off the hat.

"Jenna!" I yelled.

She blushed and said, "Hey..."

I felt anger enter my cheeks. "What are you doing here?" I demanded.

She crosses her arms. "I am making sure that Spencer behaves himself!" She said with anger.

I sighed. "Seriously Jenna? I know you haven't trusted him since 6th grade but-"

"Because he stole my gum!" She interrupted.

I saw him grab our food and he was coming. "Just, please leave he's coming!" I ran back to our table, and Jenna left in anger.

He came by with a bag of cookies and two cups of tea. "Here we go." He sat down and handed me my stuff and money.

"Really?" I said with annoyance.

He smiled. "I asked you, remember?"

I smiled back. "Okay, but I pay next time."

He smirked. "Oh, so there's gonna be a next time?"

I chuckled. "If you play your cards right."

We sat there talking about teachers bullies and family (expect our parents.)

"Yeah, Ward is different." I said to him, "He absolutely hates me."

Spencer frowned. "I'm sorry, I have a brother in college, he just avoids me."

I snorted. "That would be nice, Ward goes out to me and bullies me."

Spencer grabbed my hand and with a slight squeeze, he said, "I'm sorry, for everything I ever said, or did."

I nodded. "Its okay. I already forgave you."

He sighed. "No it's not okay, I have no excuse, except, I hated myself for bending, so I tried to let it out on others, and well Cindy kinda blackmailed me once I realized how wrong it was." I could see the sorrow in his eyes as he stared into mine.

"I can tell you still are reluctant when I talk to you and that Jenna..." He laughed. "She hates me. I'm surprised she didn't come to spy on us."

I laughed back awkwardly. "Yeah, she is weird. But seriously, it's okay. Let it go. Its the past. You're different. I think you need to forgive yourself." I said.

He nodded. "Yeah, that sounds right." We talked more and more. Then we walked back to my house. We walked for a while until he said, "You've been avoiding this all night, if you don't want to answer I understand, but... What's your relationship with your parents?"

I sighed. He hit a scar. "My mom, she's amazing, she's always supported me. My dad...well you know about him.." I trailed off I looked down at my feet as they took each step.

"Its bad isn't it? Mine too, except my mom doesn't like me either. We found out when I was eight. I was swimming then...the water froze. I only had cheap online lessons for a couple years, and I only got them because my parents were scared I was going to accidently water bend at them."

I looked up at him and my house. "I'm sorry." He looked sideways and I touched his face and tilted it back to me. He rubbed my cheek gently then we both closed our eyes and leaned in on each other. He brought one arm around my waist and we both still hand a single hand on each others faces. I could feel his warm breath...

Baam!

I heard a crash from my room. I pulled back and said, "I'm sorry I should go." I raced to my window and earth bent some stairs. As I climbed them. We wave at each other.

"Bye." He said loud enough for me to hear him. I sit on my window and bend the stairs away then I climb in.

I see Carter staring at me. "Wow, you're with Mr. Date and YOU are wearing camo?"