Part 15

School on Friday dragged on way to much. Classes. Bullies. Lunch. Classes. Bullies. Home. I sat on my floor as I heard Cindy and Ward come home. Mom and dad were at work, so they could act up if they wanted. I locked my door. I wanted nothing to do with them.

I sat back on the floor doing my homework.

Cindy and Ward were laughing downstairs. I couldn't believe they were still together. They were the top couple at our school. Everyone loved them...minus Jenna, Spencer and I.

I heard my window close and I stood up, whipped around and earth bent one of the rocks I kept under my bed. As I was about to shoot the rock I stopped to realize it was Carter.

"Hey! Don't hurt me!" He shouted.

I dropped the rock and covered his mouth. "Shhhh!" His eyes bugged as I pressed my ear on my door. I could hear them downstairs watching TV. "Keep it down. My bending hating brother and his bully girlfriend are downstairs."

He nodded. "I was sent to get you and your friend."

I smiled in relief. I left a note I was going to the library and I left.

Carter had his truck and we drove to Jenna's. I hopped out of the car, and went to the back of the house. I looked through Jenna's window she was reading on her chair alone.

I opened her window. "Hey, Jenna! Firebending time!"

Jenna smiled and put her book down. "Should I grab gym clothes?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No, they will have clothes there. Come on!"

Jenna also told her Aunt Mai she was going to the library. She came out the front door and hopped in the back. "So, who are you?" Carter said as we drove off into the woods.

"I'm Jenna." She said with a friendly smile.

"Cool, I'm Carter, my mom is Reina, you'll get to meet her." He said. We came to the tree and he covered his car. We got into the elevator tree.

Jenna at first didn't want to come in, but I convinced her. She screamed too at the flashing lights.

Carter laughed. "What is it with girls and screaming at the lights?" Jenna (obviously embarrassed) blushed.

The door open and Jenna was at awe. "Wow look at this!"

Carter took us to his mom's office. As we walked there people looked at me with joy. No, more like...hope.

We sat on her couch as we waited for her to come. After a couple of minutes she came in with the whole High members of the White Lotus. Grant, Reina, Lulu, Paul, and Yamu.

"Avatar Lola, we need to speak to your friend." Said Yamu.

I could tell Jenna was scared. "Did I do something?" She asked.

Reina shook her head. "No sweety, we just need to explain our society to you, and rules and things about the Avatar."

I nodded at Jenna, letting her know it was okay. She left with Lulu, Grant, Yamu.

Paul stayed, and Reina and Carter left. "Come Lola." He said in a calm voice. I stood up and followed him. He showed me the locker room and handed me some training clothes.

I got changed and came back to the gym. I was wearing a green shirt and black leggings. Paul had a white tank top and gray sweatpants. I put my hair in a ponytail and we began with basic forms.

"Remember Avatar, Firebending comes from the breath not the muscle." He instructed.

When we finished basic forms (but no actual bending) Jenna came in but she had her gym clothes on. She had a red shirt with black leggings and a huge smile on her face.

"What're you so happy about?" I asked.

She gave me a smirk. "I'll tell you later." We practiced burning leaves and breathing. Then it was the end of the lesson.

Jenna and I got changed then Carter took us home.

"So how was it?" He asked with a smile.

Jenna laughed. "Well, we found out Lola hates nature!"

Carter laughed "Tsk Tsk, bad Lola!"

I gave them both stink eyes. "It's not MY fault that the leaf kept burning all the way!"

Jenna started laughing so hard she was holding her sides. I told them to stop, because Carter was driving, but they kept cracking jokes. "So how are you supposed to be the Avatar if you hate nature?" Carter would ask.

We pulled up to Jenna's house but when she got out I asked, "So what were you so happy about?"

She smiled as we walked up to her door. "Well, that Yamu guy, told me that my great grandmother was Fire Lady Izumi."