Part 10

This strange boy stood in my room smiling at me as I am paralyzed in fear. "Did you just-"

"Call you 'Avatar Lola'? Yes I did." He interrupted.

My mouth became dry. "Ummm...how did you get here?" I asked.

"Oh, I came through your window. I've just been going through your closet since." He told me.

I wanted to say something but my mouth went dry. I lost balance and almost fell over. He caught me. "Hey easy there. By the way, really? Camo?"

I threw him off me.

"How do you know about me?" I shouted.

He smiled. "Oh you mean you being the Av-"

"Yes!" I interrupted.

He chuckled. "Gosh you treat it like it's a bad word. And I know about you because me and the White Lotus have been watching you your whole life. We knew from your BIRTH that you were the one...well at least my mom did."

I examined the teen. He had light skin and I had no idea what his hair color was. He wore fingerless gloves and was wearing a hood/cape. He had a yellow and scarlet outfit on and he had green eyes.

"You can trust me." He said with a laugh.

The laugh.

I then get hit with a memory of a kid laughing. He looked twelve and he was an airbender, he had tan skin and wild hair.

The laugh.

I fell on the ground when the memory faded. The mystery boy caught me. "Hey, you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "What happened?"

He frowned., "You went into the Avatar state for a couple of seconds, mumbling..."

He stopped and his eye widened looking away.

"What?" I asked.

He turned to me., "You were saying my grandfathers name." Grandfathers nam?.

I then mumbled/asked him, "Kai?"

He nodded. He pulled me to my feet as I held my head.

My phone buzzed. I opened it. I got a text from my mom:

You're father and I will be home late, and Ward is at Cindy's.

The teen slapped the phone out of hand and threw it in the hallway.

"Hey! Are you crazy!" I shouted.

"Are you!?" He shouted in a serious voice, "The government could've seen my face through that camera!"

I forgot about that.

I calm down. "What's your name?" I asked

He goes back to his cocky self. "Carter, Avatar Lola."

He gave a slight bow and I groaned in annoyance.

"Please, stop calling me that." I said, "So...Carter....why you are here?"

He smiled. "Because the White Lotus needs to meet you. Don't worry we are a friend."

"What even is 'The White Lotus'?" I asked.

"Its a group of skilled benders and non-benders who live secret trying to help the Avatar. Whoops sorry I said the bad word." He chuckled.

I playfully punched him in the arm. "How did I see you at my school, glowing running down the hallway? And how old are you anyways?"

"Fifteen, and it's a spirit trick my grandmother used. I can move my spirit to a different spot anywhere."

He was my age? He grabbed my arm, randomly. "We need to go." He said.

"Go where?" I asked.

He jumped out of my window with me and he stuck his arm out and a fluster of air started circling and we landed softly. As I stuttered, he whipped off his hood, showing a blue arrow on his forehead and sandy blonde hair.