Part 34

"Hey, I...um...how are you?" Spencer asked as he rubbed the back of his head. I didn't answer as I stared at him in the doorway.

"I knew this was a bad idea." Jenna grumbled as she sank in her chair.

"I'm...uh...I'm fine." I said with a voice crack.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I nodded as he walked towards the bed and sat on the end. I was still in awe that he was here. "How...when...?" I couldn't manage to hold a sentence as he just smiled at me.

"Well, the white lotus cleared me of all charges and they figured you would want to see me."

"Wow they seem to be experts on want Lola wants." Jenna grumbled.

"Jenna...?" I said in a small voice.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. I'll leave." Jenna said in a annoyed voice. She stood up and walked out but she left the candle on the small table next to my bed.

Spencer turned to me with a huge smile on his face. "Lola, you have no idea how long I've been dying to see you!"

He leaned in but I stopped him by saying, "Why did they let you go? Did they find the leak?"

He sat back up, looked away and said in a quiet voice, "No, but they somehow knew it wasn't me." he looked back into my eyes. "Lola, last time I saw you, I wanted nothing more than to be yours, and I want that now, but... I know there's another guy..." he stopped.

He looked away as I said, "Spencer, you have no idea how hard I've tried to decide between you and Carter-"

"Wait! The other guy is Carter? The younger air nomad kid? I thought it was the guy getting on the plane! I thought you chose me!" Spencer interrupted, shouting as he got off the bed and started pacing.

"So, you only came back because you heard that they would be taking a kid off the temple?" I demanded.

"No, of course not! I came here to be with you! I-I don't know what to say." He said as he messed with his hair.

"I have to choose between you two." I whispered

***

My week of bed rest was awkward. I had Carter and Spencer visiting me all the time. Sometimes they would come knocking at my door while the other was sitting talking with me.

But after my week of rest. I was ready for waterbending training.

"You ready?" Grant asked me as he sat next to the pond behind the air temple garden.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said as I took my first stance and bent a small donut shape above my head.

"Remember, water is connected, if you break that connection you will lose control." Grant said as he circled around me.

"Mr. Goode, can you please come over here?" Grant called to Spencer.

Spencer came racing over with his hair in a tight bun and sweats. "Can you show Avatar Lola how to not lose connection?"

Spencer nodded, he moved over to me and stood to my right. "See Lola, it's all about the movement, the connection, you want to make sure you move your hands just right...here." He said as he gently took hold of my wrists and moved them differently then I was moving them. "See? There you go."

I blushed as he wrapped his arms around me as he swayed me with the water.

"Thank you, Mr. Goode." Grant thanked him.

Spencer nodded and watched from a far as I finished my lesson.

After finishing my water bending lesson with Grant it was already time for lunch.