lovers contest? maybe not.

Nico's Pov

today at school, eh.. drama and whatever. (Y/N) was cursed out by Micaela and flirted with by Troy. the usual, but for some reason more people kept starring. soon, we found out why.

it was after school while (Y/N), Percy and I were talking through out the hallway, but something caught (Y/N)'s eye. it was a poster.

"lovers contest..?" she said "what? a contest? what does it say?" Percy asked, looking over (Y/N) shoulder

"whichever couple looks the cutest together, and works together in these activities the best, will win two free tickets to six flags, offering free food, rides, games and all sorts of activities."

"huh, well i'm not going." i say, turning ready to go.

"aw c'mon Nico. why not you and (Y/N) compete?" Percy says as he walks up to me, putting his arm around me. 

"don't wanna"

"yeah, it'll be even more suspicious if we both compete" (Y/N) says, thank the gods she's on my side.

"oh you're right. oh well" Percy says.

"hmm.. well why don't we compete? we can just go as a group, i'll buy you one Nico so you won't get left out." (Y/N) tells us. i looked up to see Percy's face heat up, he looked like he was blushing. 

"nervous buddy?" i tell him teasingly.

"yeah no, i'll do it." he says "wait, we don't need to compete, you could just buy us tickets to go."

"im not gonna spoil you dammit." she says walking away. "i might be rich but man, dont use me." she laughs slightly "well im gonna go to the cafeteria, gonna go get some crackers. tell me where the thing is taking place and when." and with that, she left 

as she left Percy and I alone looking at the poster, i kept scanning through the paragraphs.

"tug a war against other couples..hmm..sack races..? same foot race.. man these are kinda weird." i say.

"well its teamwork stuff so.."

"yeah"

"well well well.. looking at the love poster? gay." we heard a voice say. we both turned to see Troy, and immediately i felt rage. "the hell do you want?" i tell him angrily, turns out he seemed to be in a good mood because he just chuckled at me.

"what i want is to see your sister. where she at?"

"like im gonna tell you."

"screw off." Percy tells him. 

"watch it gay boy." Troy then walks towards up and pushed me out of the way again. he was close to his face, and said "don't make me beat ya, especially if my girl gotta walk in on us fighting, thats gonna be a problem for us."

"Micaela?" he asks

"nah, (Y/N). my girl."

"but you're dating Micaela! what the heck is wrong with you?" I yell at him. he then turned to me with an irritated expression.

"shut it loser. your sister's gonna be mine soon."

" i was about to yell at him to protest, but then i heard (Y/N)'s voice.

"hah, yeah right. like i'll ever date you."

Troy turned to see (Y/N) now standing in front of him eating a bag of animal crackers.

"aw c'mon b-" "stop" she cut him off. "don't call me it. and call my brother a loser again. go on, see what happens."

he stood there silent for a few moments, but then spoke "hahah. i would if i could, but i know you'll get pissed at me."

"damn right i would. i would beat your ass."

"woah hey calm down." Percy tells her    

"anyways, i wouldn't date you, never ever forever never."

"never say never" he says. "i'll get you one day" he winks at her and leaves.

"ugh, well anyway, im just gonna spoil you two, thats easier. i dont wanna do the contest." 

as she said that, i heard Percy's sigh of relief. "thank the gods"

"welp. guess we're gonna go to six flags this weekend." i say. "who's ready to go to the haunted house?" 

"if there is one. anyway lets go"

(Y/N) started walking out to the front door, so Percy and I started to fallow her. i actually now wonder if there is a haunted house..