Love Me - °Prince Matthew X Reader°

(This is kinda more for female readers XP)

Your POV:

You strolled around the halls of the British Royal Family's castle, working for the people that lived there. To be truthful, you didn't like the prince. He's a narcissistic asshat that tells lies to get chicks. Of course, you won't fall for his acting skills.

You cooked some bacon and eggs for the Royal Family's breakfast as you thought about your standpoint with Prince Matt. That's the shortened name that he preferred that everyone used. The reason, he claimed, was because only his close friends and family can call him Matthew.
Speaking of the rich devil, he peeked around the corner. You pretended not to notice his presence and flipped the bacon over. He smoothed his hair out and walked up to you. "My, isn't it just a lovely morning?" He asked. Well, can't avoid him now. You turned your head to look at him. "Ah, yes, it is quite a fine morning." You replied, gazing at him with a blank look on your face. He leaned on the kitchen counter and smiled.

"There is someone else that is lovely in here, isn't there?" "Who are you speaking of?" Prince Matt flinched when you said that, but winked afterwards. "Me, of course!" He answered, making you roll your eyes. You hoped that he didn't see that after you did it, he kinda MATTers if you want to keep this job. He luckily seemed to not notice.

"But, there is a second beauty in this room~." "...Who is it this time?" "Aww, your self-esteem must be running low! It's obviously you, darling~." He flirted. You blushed a small bit and took the food out of the pan. You pushed the plate at Prince Matt. "Eat up, your majesty." You spoke, leaving the room. You could almost feel his stare while you left. You ran off into the castle's gardens and sat down on the trimmed grass.

"Wow... I nearly fell for his flirting..." You muttered to yourself, laying your back down onto a square hedge that was behind you. You realized that the hedge was cut to shape into Prince Matt's face, making you blush deeper. "...This job sucks..." You whined, covering your face with your hands in embarrassment.

"Surely, this job is bearable because of a special someone?" You heard, uncovering your face. Prince Matt stood in front of you, looking down at you. You squeaked and stood up, brushing the dirt and grass off of yourself. "U-uhm, could you please run that by me again?" You stuttered, looking away from him and scratching at the back of your neck.

"Well, I'm amazed by you. You're the first girl that didn't swoon when I talked!" He said. You looked back at him and saw that he had a small bit of a blush on his cheeks. "...Okay? Thanks I guess..." You said, looking at his earrings. The sunlight made them glimmer, matching Prince Matt's smile. Wait... what? No! "Mistress, what is your name?" Prince Matt inquired, getting closer to you and kissing the back of your hand. You tried to hold your blush back, but it only made it worse.

"M-my name is Y/N, y-your grace." You said quietly, not pulling your hand away. You desperately tried not to fall for him, but he was making it really hard not to. "Y/N, I like it. It sounds very nice!" Prince Matt complimented. "Th-thank you, Prince Matt." "Please, dear, call me Matthew." "Will do, Matthew." "Hey, what a great time for a rhyme!" You and Matthew kept going back and forth with rhymes until he ran out of rhyme ideas.

"I win, just by the edge of your square chin." You finished. "Y/N, we should go on a date sometime." Matthew said, being direct. Your eyes widened and you gawked at him.

"Uh, not a DATE date, right?" "Why not?" "W-we practically just became friends..." Matthew held your hand with one hand and gently placed the other one onto your side. "Y/N, you are stunning to me. I think that I might like you further than 'friends'." Matthew spoke. You liked the feeling that you got when he held onto you. He's a bit too much to resist...

"You and I have chatted many times, most of those times occurring in the kitchen for some reason. Can't we just... go past friends?" "Matthew, I'm trying my best not to like you in that way. You're making it extremely hard." You admitted, putting your free hand on his shoulder.

"That's how I'd like it to be~." He flirted, leaning towards you. You internally fought yourself when Matthew closed his eyes. Should you slap him and run off, or just let this happen? His lips came onto yours as he kissed you passionately. You closed your eyes and kissed back as your cheeks reddened.

Still screaming at yourself in your head, Matthew soon pulled away. "Well, I've got a Royal Meeting soon. I'd better go and get ready if I don't want to be late. I'll see you during lunch?" Matthew questioned, releasing you. You cringed at yourself when you missed his touch. "I'll see you there, Goldilocks." You assured, giving him a peck on his cheek and sprinting back into the castle.