Failure Or Win - °Edd X Matt°

Requested by: InkiaPlayZ

(THERE ARE TWO ENDINGS!)

´'´'´'´'´'´'´'´'´'´'

3rd Person POV:

Edd took a deep breath in as he awaited for his lover to arrive. He was in the park that they had played in throughout their lives, the place where they had most of their memories of being together. He wore something fancier than usual to come out here, but for a very special reason.

He fidgeted with the small case in his manly handbag. He's never worn this weird green handbag before, but he needed it to hide Matt's surprise. In his other hand, Edd held onto a bouquet of pink roses. He gulped nervously when he saw Matt walking up to him. "Sorry that I got here late, I was gluing my mirror back together." Matt said.

Edd smiled at his, hopefully, soon-to-be-husband. "That's fine! I know how you felt when you broke that mirror." Edd chirped, moving back and forth from his tip-toes and heels. Matt noticed his movements and knew that Edd was hiding something. "Is there something wrong? You seem... afraid?" Matt asked.

Edd dodged the question by showing Matt the roses. "I-I got you some flowers! Of course, they could never be as gorgeous as you..." Edd complimented. Matt blushed and received the bouquet. He rubbed his index-finger on one of the petals. "Thank you, Edd. You're gorgeous too!" Matt responded, smiling sweety at Edd.

"W-well, I wanted to... uhm... show you something. Follow me!" Edd stuttered out, walking off into another direction. Matt looked at Edd curiously and did as told. He wondered what Edd was up to this time. The couple walked for a short while, soon reaching the destination that Edd had chosen.

They were standing on a wooden dock, water crashing onto its side and sprinkling onto the top of it. "Edd, this place is so quiet and pretty!" Matt exclaimed, looking at the water as it made large waves. Edd's face flushed into a beet red. "Are you okay, Edd? Eddy bear?" Matt said, gently placing his hands on Edd's cheeks after putting the roses down on a nearby bench.

"Oh, I think you have a fever!" Matt decided. Edd shook his head with tears in his eyes. "Edd, you aren't alright... what's wrong?!" Matt yelled, getting scared. Edd reached his hand into his pocket and took the shiny, golden case out. Matt released Edd when he spotted the case.

Edd knelt down onto one knee and held the case out in front of him. Matt's eyes widened and he put his hands over his mouth. Tears made his eyes glossy as he assumed what was happening. The sun started to set, signaling that he'd chosen the perfect time. He nearly choked on his words, but he got them out.

"M-Matt, I've been with you- like, as a couple f-for about 4 years now... I-I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I decided- I've decided that I, Edd, want to spend the rest of my life with you, the beautiful Matt. I-I just- I want to- I need to live with you in my life. W-would you- would you make me the happiest gay boy alive b-by... letting me marry you?" Edd asked, letting the tears flow down his cheeks. He popped the case open, revealing a diamond ring that was shaped to look like a mirror.

(MULTIPLE ENDING START)

(Ending 1: Harsh Rejection)

Matt uncovered his mouth, frowning. The tears continued to spill out of his eyes, but he seemed distressed. "E-Edd... I... I... that was beautiful but- I just... I can't..." Matt stumbled over his words. Edd watched Matt's movements closely, as if his life depended on Matt's reply. "I- Edd- I-I'm going to have to say..." Matt put his hands on his forehead as if he was starting to get a headache.

"Edd, I-I-I can't accept!" Matt finally said. Edd looked shocked, staying still. Did Matt just say... no? Was it because Matt wasn't ready, or was it because Matt didn't want to be with him anymore? Edd started to shake as Matt fled the scene, leaving Edd on the dock. The sun was only a sliver of light over the horizon.

Edd closed the case and stood up, his tears plopping onto the deck underneath him. He put one of his hands over his mouth and hiccuped, looking over at the pink roses that Matt had left behind. He gazed down at the case before tossing it into the water out of frustration. He sat down on the bench and pushed the flowers off.

"Stupid, I'm s-so stupid!" Edd shouted, not caring if the whole world heard him. He wiped his own tears as he weeped. "Damnit, I w-wanna go home... but... Matt will be there..." Edd mumbled to himself. He sniffled and got his phone out. When he turned it on, he saw his screensaver of Matt and himself. They looked so happy in that picture.

Edd quickly went to a search browser and tried to see if there were any hotels nearby. He'd have to walk, he decided. He leaned his back onto the bench and looked up at the sky. The stars were starting to show up, dotting the black night sky. Edd felt his tears coming again. He loved to stargaze with Matt, almost every night. To be without Matt was... painful. He reserved a room in a nearby hotel and stood up from the bench.

He felt cold from the darkness surrounding him. "...I should've gotten a coat..." Edd said to himself. He glanced at the dock once more before leaving and heading to the hotel.

(THAT HURT TO WRITE-)

(Ending 2: Married?!)

(Hopefully, this will end my pain and suffering from the last ending ;v;)

Matt uncovered his mouth and smiled brightly. "Y-yes, Edd! Yes!, Matt said quickly, hopping up and down from excitement. Edd stood up and slipped the ring over Matt's finger.

He set his handbag and case down and came closer to Matt, giving him a passionate kiss. Matt kissed back and Edd wrapped his arms around Matt's neck. Edd stood on his tip-toes and Matt giggled, breaking the kiss. "Edd, I-I never thought that this would actually happen! This is the greatest day of my life!" Matt hugged Edd tightly after he spoke.

"Edd... let's go home~." Matt cooed, making Edd blush. "I call t-top this time." Edd responded. "Aww, okay. I will be top the time after this one, though!" Matt accepted. They gathered their things and headed home together, holding hands as they strolled there.

(( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )