Unforgiven Past - °Tom X Depressed!Matt°

Requested by: WingDingsSansGaster

¬Г¬Г¬Г¬Г¬Г¬Г¬

3rd Person POV:

Edd was bored, so he slouched on the couch. "Guys... are you thinking of what I'm thinking? Let's go somewhere... I'm bored." Edd said, opening a can of cola and taking a sip. Tom and Matt stared off into the distance. "Guys, let's go!" Edd yelled, trying to get their attention. Matt looked over at Edd and faked a smile.

"U-uhm, where to?" Matt asked. Tom looked at the pair and sighed. "Can we go to the arcade this time?" Tom inquired. "Yeah, that sounds fun. Let's go right now!" Edd responded, sitting up and getting off of the couch. Matt and Tom followed Edd out of the door and into the car. Tom and Matt sat in the back while Edd drove. They had to sit in the back because Edd insisted that his cola cans sat in the passenger seat.

Matt glanced at Tom and quickly looked away. He remembered the time that he'd indirectly killed Tom's father, and the guilt that piled up over many years. He didn't even comfort Tom for his loss... he just left for some stupid ice cream. He doesn't even like ice cream, it hurts his teeth! He rested his head against the car window and looked out. He watched the people, cars, and animals pass by in a second. Matt frowned and sighed unconsciously.

Tom looked at Matt and tilted his head. "Uh... Matt?" "...Yeah?" "Are you alright? You seem... upset?" "No, I'm fine! I just remembered the time... that I... broke my mirror! It was really saddening." Matt lied, laughing afterwards. "Oh, okay. Do you want to buy a new one after we're done at the arcade?" Tom suggested.

Matt felt worse because of how, sometimes, nice Tom was to him. Even after killing his father, Tom didn't do anything to badly hurt him. Matt's smile faded back into a frown as he thought about it. Tom decided not to push any further, for now. He knew that something was wrong with Matt, but he wasn't sure what the issue was.

The rest of the ride was silent, except for Edd's cheerful singing and humming. They soon arrived at the arcade and left the car. Tom and Matt ran ahead while Edd drank some cola. Tom and Matt got some of the coins required for the games first before splitting up.

Matt ran into the bathroom, which was made for one person at a time, and locked the door. He let his tears flow as he listened to the arcade games from the opposite side of the door. He heard the shooting games, which TRIGGERED the memory of Tom's father again.

"...What's wrong with me...?" Matt muttered, putting his hands over his eyes. He heard someone knock on the door. "Is anybody in there? I need to piss..." He heard Tom say. "U-uhm... in a minute!" Matt said loudly. "Matt? Are you taking a dump in there?" Tom asked, making sniffing noises afterwards.

"No! I just needed to... fix my hair! Stop trying to smell me!" Matt fibbed. "...Your voice sounds scratchy. Matt, are you crying in there?" "N-no, I'm not!" "...Stuttering now?" "No, Tom, I'm really just fixing my hair. Stop listening, you perv!" "...Matt... if you're fixing your hair, how would listening be pervy?" "Shoo!" Matt responded.

Tom always knew how to get Matt back in a good mood, no matter what the situation is. Matt made a genuine smile and wiped his remaining tears away. "Tom, are you still there?" "Yeah, I still need to piss." "I just wanted to say... uh... I'm sorry..." Matt started. "Sorry for what?" Tom replied. Matt took a deep breath to keep himself calm.

"Tom... I... do you remember... when I sorta kinda indirectly killed your dad?" Matt questioned. There was a long silence. "...Yeah, but... it's okay now. Is that why you're in there?" Tom said. "N-no... I just... I..." Matt sniffled and his eyes became glossy. "...Matt?" Matt tried to hold his sobbing back, but holding his true feelings for so long got painful.

He squatted and crossed his arms. He set his head in his arms and sobbed as quietly as possible. "Matt... come out here... I didn't know..." "N-no... I'm gonna stay in here... go play some games..." "I'm not leaving." "Tom..." "Matt." Matt groaned and stood up.

He opened the door and Tom almost immediately hugged him. Matt hesitated to hug back, but he really needed a hug. Matt came closer to Tom's warmth, letting a few tears fall in the process. Tom felt dumb for not noticing Matt's weird behavior sooner. He gently patted Matt's back as Matt cried. Matt felt relieved to get this out, but he still felt bad.

"...How could you forgive me?" Matt whispered. Tom smiled and released Matt enough so that he could see Matt's face. "Matt... I know that you did it on accident. It's okay, really!" "Well... that's not all..." Tom wiped Matt's tears away.

"Then... what's the problem?" "...Remember when I tried to rule Britain with my zombie army?" "Matt... you need to get out of the past. We're in the present!" "I-I know but... I've done a lot of trashy things!" Tom shook his head and chuckled. "Oh, Matt. Stop making yourself suffer! C'mon, let's go play some games." "...Don't you have to piss?" "Nah, I actually already went at the house. There's a good game in here called 'Space Invaders'!" Tom said.

He pulled Matt by his hand to the 2-player game. Matt picked a fake gun up and Tom did the same. They started the game up and shot at the 'invaders' that went across the screen. For the rest of the day, Matt and Tom joined Edd and played all of the games in the arcade. It turned out to be a great day, and a better night.

(UwU)