20. What?

Hoseok walks toward your house, feeling blue. He told himself he didn't need to do it now, but he couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he has to do it sooner or later. He slowly knocks on your door, after a few second of wondering what you would do after he tells you.

Hoseok was set that he will tell you Tuesday next week, or simply 3 days from now. He told himself that he will not back down and will tell you gently how he feels about you.

"Hoseok-ssi! What are you doing here?" Your mom says excitedly before letting Hoseok in and leading him to the living room. She offered him a drink, but Hoseok politely refused and sat down next to your Mom.  "May I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"How do you break up with a person?" Hoseok said slowly while looking at your mom. Hoseok already knew what she was thinking. He could see the question 'why?' in her eyes. He knew that your mom was also hurt by this.

He understood though, why your mom would be hurt. You're beautiful, smart, and kind, you're the whole package to be exact. To Hoseok it may be just a normal break up, but for your mom, it would make her feel that you weren't enough, that she didn't raise you good enough.

"Why do you want to break up with my daughter Mr. Jung?" He knew it. The 'why?' question. Hoseok knows that his explanation should be thorough; regarding his job and dreams, but everything seems harder than he thought it would be.

Hoseok thought that maybe his explanation is not a good enough excuse just to break up with you. Your mom would probably ask, "why pick career over love?" He wouldn't be able to answer that in the best way, because he wouldn't know how to explain it.

He waited and worked his whole life for his career, if he pick something over it, all his lifes hard work will go down the drain. It would make him feel like he wasted his whole life. He knows damn well that he will regret it.

"Yes, Hoseok, why break up with me?" Hoseok turns to you in Horror. It wasn't how he planned everything. He forgot, about the possibilities that you hear this very sad conversation with your mom.

He knows that you have the wrong idea; that you're thinking you were not good enough for him. You're thinking that you're the worst girlfriend, and that you have never done anything for him, while he does everything for you. 

It was like a stab in the heart to see you walking back up the stairs, your face clearly showing that you're heartbroken. Hoseok felt stupid. He felt like a coward, unable to go up the stairs to explain everything to you.

Hoseok was unable to speak, as he slowly walked to the front door, completely forgetting about your mother who was there shocked with everything that had just happened.
.
.
.