🌼 thirty eight

"Those aren't done yet, honeybee."

"They smell so nice, though!"

"I can smell them and yes they do but they've barely been in there for five minutes."

Tyler was now on his hands and knees sitting back on his heels and looking into the little window of the oven, his mouth practically watering from the smell of baked goods filling the house. Josh was stood leaned back against the counter beside Tyler, his arms crossed over his chest and a smile on his face as he had to keep Tyler from opening the oven and going for the cookies bare handed.

"Patience, baby."

"But.. I want one."

"I know," he chuckled softly and shook his head at Tyler's persistence, "But wouldn't you rather enjoy fully baked cookies in.." he squinted his eyes at the green numbers blinking on the microwaves timer, "..less than ten minutes?"

"I want one now Joshie." He said in a soft agitated voice and looked up at the redhead with a pout, sitting back on his heels completely. Josh gulped softly at how the action made the pudge of the brunettes upper thighs expand outward, accentuating the curves of his form.

He was distracted by his slow motion stare, he hadn't even noticed how Tyler moved to stand up and make his way to the counter where the nearly empty bowl of dough sat. Josh didn't try to argue with the boy about making the cookies from scratch.

"Can I have some of this then?"

"There's raw egg in it, ty."

"So?"

"So? Salmonella? I don't want you getting sick."

Tyler didn't reply, but Josh would notice his mischievous little grin anywhere. This was the same look Tyler had given him when he stole his doughnut that one fateful morning.

He snatched the bowl in his arms and sprinted from the kitchen, leaving a protesting Josh behind to chase after him. He could hear the sound of running feet behind him and he erupted into giggles, dodging the corner of the wall as he turned down the hallway and went for Josh's room. His body was covered in goosebumps because it felt as if Josh's hands ghosted his back every other second.

When he busted into Josh's room, he paused for a moment because he didn't know where to go, and that was just enough time for Josh to catch up. The redhead practically tackled him from behind and turned their bodies so a giggling Tyler fell backwards on top of him on the bed, clutching the bowl to his chest.

He was fighting to get out of Josh's grip, but the bowl he was holding made it difficult. Josh managed to get out from underneath him and take the bowl back, laughing with a victorious smile as a frowning Tyler remained breathless on the bed.

"You really think you could outrun me?"

"Yes!"

"Well look who has the prize now."

"That's not fair," he crossed his arms over his chest, "you'll never stop me!"

"Oh, won't I?" He raised his eyebrow and set the bowl down beside him on the floor, creeping closer to Tyler and smiling as he slowly wiggled his fingers, "Not even the tickle monster?"

That was when he saw horror spread across Tyler's face, widened eyes and the pout turning to a straight line. He sat up enough to scoot himself further up the mattress, trying to keep a serious face as he glared at Josh's hands.

"No," he mumbled and held his hands up, "don't you dare."

"Are you going to surrender willingly?"