I Wouldn't Mind

M'Baku x Black PlusSized Reader

The double doors of the master bathroom were opened wide. Allowing heat to flow from the bedroom into the spacious area. Sharp inhales filled the air as the Jabari royal winced. His large hands rested on either side of tub, holding onto the edge as he was submerged into the warm water. Filled with calming salts and healing flower petals. You chuckled as M'Baku groaned from the alcohol you dabbed on his wound.

"I'm sorry, my Lord, but I had to disinfect the area.." You giggled lightly, rubbing a small amount of a healing herbal ointment onto the gash that adorned the right cheek of his face. "Was today not meant for rest?" You rose an eyebrow, teasingly. He gave a small smile, chuckling as you tended to the cut on his shoulder.

"Eh. It is, but you know how stubborn I can be." He relaxed against the tub, laying his head back and closing his eyes. He was right about that. The man was as stubborn as a mule, aside from the occasional moments with you.

Though you were his personal healer, he'd yearned for a deeper relationship.

You sat the wooden bowl of ointment aside, moving to grab a sponge. Your steps were soft against the tiled floors, yet he'd heard them. He turned his head to watch the switch of your hips, his head still resting against the tub. A lazy smirk in his lips. When you turned back to him, a sponge in hand, you caught his gaze.

"What?" You chuckled as you walked back to the tub, gifting him a smile. The small trail of your dress dragging behind you. He licked his lips as you'd gathered the dress up enough that you could rest on your knees at the tub's side. The water sounded through the room as you dunked the sponge into the bath.

"Can I not take the time to admire the beauty that Hanuman is so gracious to allow me to witness?" His soothing voice spoke in his native tongue. The dampness of his fingertips tainted your skin, caressing along your jaw. "I thank him for you everyday.."

You found yourself smiling shyly, focusing on washing away the impurities of the outside world from his skin. Thanking him softly. He chuckled as you focused on cleaning him, feeling the gentle scrub you were giving him.

"Have I made my sweet chieftess nervous?" He ignored the dwindling ache of his side, focusing on the features of your face. Every curve and detail. "There's no need to be shy with me, my love."

"There's those sweet names again.." You chuckled, sparing him a glance. "You're very persistent, you know.." Amusement dripped from your words, making him grin. You stood from your knees, ringing the sponge free of soap and water.

Turning away to put the sponge in its appropriate place, you listened to him laugh. Full and genuine. "There's nothing wrong with having a little hope, usana.." The swishing around of water sounded with his words. If you turned to him now, you'd be met by him in all his glory. "Maybe one day you'll awaken and open your eyes to see my charm un-resisting. Possibly even allow me to treat you to a proper date, and treat you as the queen you are."

You couldn't help the smirk that teased your lips. "That isn't the problem at all, my Lord. I am very aware that you are quite the charmer." Looking over your shoulder, you watched as he secured his towel. Though it didn't hide the print of him against the cotton towel, not that you didn't enjoy the sight. "But I am not one for being in the public eye. And you sir, are very to the public."

He took a slow stride to reach you, licking his lips once again. You turned to him fully as he looked down at you. Water droplets rolling down his chest and arms. "You need not worry of the public eye.." Before you could protest, he'd engulfed you in a hug. "..they have no say so in my love life." His muscular arms held you close in a bear hug.

"Bakuu.." You groaned playfully, rolling your eyes as you laid your head on his chest. Giving in to his affection, as you often did. "You're getting me and my clothes wet. I can't walk around like this. What will everyone think?" Workers of the palace already suspected that the royal had taken liking to you. Bringing about assumptions of a relationship between you and M'Baku.

He buried his nose into your coils, smiling as he spoke. Taking in the faint scent of the oils he'd imprinted into memory. "I'll send your clothes off to be tended to and you can lounge with me and wear one of my sweaters until they're finished." He pressed a kiss to your forehead. "& Let them think what they choose, usana. Though I wouldn't mind having you as mine.."