Interesting Theories

Winston Duke x Black PlusSized Reader

The brightness and warmth of the overhead lights covered the stage. Falling upon the line of actors and actresses, listening to their recent director as he answered a question from the audience. Though the faces of those towards the back were somewhat blocked by the blinding light, those who occupied the first few rows were visible to anyone on stage.

Winston chuckled at one of his fellow actors joke, aimlessly scanning his eyes over the crowd. Looking for no one particular, yet taking in the amount of people in the room. Or who he could see. Just a few more minutes of questions before the Q&A ended, and he'd be making his way to any restaurant that had wings. The premiere of the film had went really well, and it's the first day he can veer off his strict diet.

He gave the talking director, who was once again asked a question, a glance as the man talked about the process of shooting the film. Staying in the loop while his interest was elsewhere. His eyes had found you with curious speed.

The sweet serenade of your voice calling to him even though your question wasn't directed to him. Your face caught a hint of the stage lights from your seat on the front row, adding a glow to your skin. Towards the right side of the stage, five chairs from the end is where you were seated. How had he not seen you sooner?

You nodded at the director's answer, as well as a few people that surrounded seats around you. That adorable expression on your face attempted to push a small smile to his lips. One that he thankfully could play off with a joke from the director. He caught your smile as you gave a chuckle and thanked the director for answering.

Swiping the length of your dress aside, you crossed your ankles once you sat. The split in your dress showcased your thigh, just a bit above the knee. The sparkle of your nails contrasted against your put up hair do as you smoothed up the side.

You were breath taking.

The sound of his name from another member of the audience caught his attention, pulling him from his eased trance. "How do you find inspiration for the characters you are given?"

He gave the older woman his attention, noticing her seat two behind yours. His answer was well spoken and thorough as he took a second to think about it. Which he followed with a joke of his own, just to be rewarded with your smile again.

Five more minutes passed and the questions came to an end. The stage lights dimmed and the main lights eased on. Most of the audience filed out as a few spoke more with members of the cast. Winston glanced over to you, watching as you gathered your things from beneath your seat.

You smoothed your dress before you looked up to meet his eyes. And your lips spread to that smile he yearned to see up close. "Winston, we're going out for drinks. You wanna tag along?" A male cast mate called over, one he'd considered a friend. He nodded, telling them he'd be right out. Accepting his response, the crew left out of the side stage door with cheers of the premieres success.

"Miss?" He called to you as your hand met the door to the lobby. You looked back over your shoulder, seeing as he jogged up the center aisle to you. His steps slowed to a stop as he met you. The close up of your smile will definitely be imprinted in his mind. Not that he'd be against it. "Hi, uh, I'm Winston."

Your eyes were lit with amusement as you allowed him to take your hand. He smiled with a tinge of nervousness and embarrassment as you chuckled. "Mr. Duke. I'm very aware of who you are. I'm quite fond of you actually." You shrugged casually as you told him your name, not minding how he still gently held your hand in his. "It's such a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine.." He finally released your hand with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm quite fond of you actually. You're quite the journalist. You had some very interesting questions. As well as those intriguing theories about the characters."

You thanked him, giving another smile as your cheeks heated with a blush. "That were just the surface. I may or may not have a few more theories for your characters." He raised a brow of interest at that. You'd caught his attention yet again.

Glancing at the stage door the crew took to leave, he caught your eyes again. "Would you care to join the crew and I for some drinks?" He gave you a bright smile as he kept your gaze. "I would love to spend the rest of the evening getting to know you better. And I'm a bit eager to hear these theories of yours, if you'd allow me?"