Guy's Grocery Games & Chill

Winston Duke x Black PlusSized Reader

The soft thump of the cabinet door couldn't really be heard past the doorway of the kitchen. Sounds of the commercials from the living room tried their hardest to black out the noise. Your boyfriend moved through the kitchen to refill the snack bowl and grab a drink to wash it down. His chain bounced gently against the fabric of his muscle shirt as he made his way back to you.

"What did I miss?" Winston sat down beside you, giving you the bowl. "Did they judge them yet?" You shook your head and told him they hadn't as if he was looking at you, adjusting your bonnet.

He pulled you back to him, hugging you close. Mumbling a soft 'Good'. His thumb rubbed a small part on your arm, soothingly. You snuggled into his softness with a small smile at the faint scent of his cologne.

The contestants were busy cooking their dishes, joking with Guy whenever he appeared at they're station. You giggled at a joke making Winston utter a soft 'it's funny, huh'. That only made you laugh harder before you calmed down.

"It was. Thank you very much." Glancing at an email notification lighting up your phone, you slipped it back in your (his) hoodie. "I'm just waiting on them to announce my girl as the winner. While they dragging this out.."

"That's funny. Because I'm sure that my guy, Tylen will be taking home that $20,000 for his food truck." The audacity. You whipped your head to look at him. He shrugged, taking a piece of popcorn to eat.

"There's no way he is gonna win this. My money is on her." You point to the television, continuing to eat from the bowl of caramel popcorn you had in your lap. Winston reached over to take a few more for himself before he tossed it into the air. Catching it in his mouth.

"I bet he will. Have you been watching, babe?" He looked to you, raising a brow with a chuckle. You rolled your eyes at his comment as you stopped his attempt at a second portion from your snack.

Motioning to the television again, you ignored the little frown he gave from you taking away the snack. "Yes. I am watching and if you were then we'd be on the same team. They literally compliment her on dish every time. Plating style and food pairings." Your eyes went back to him as he shook his head.

"Yes, she does have good presentation BUT that doesn't mean her flavor is always there. On the last dish, she lacked heat. Like I said she would, might I add." You smacked your lips at that line. "His flavor has been on spot each time. Blowing the judges away with his risky combinati-" His sentence was stopped by you popping a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

Chuckling, you turned the volume up a bit. "Ok, Gordon Ramsey. We're getting a bit passionate aren't we?" You reclaimed your position against him, using his lap as a place for the half empty bowl this time. His body relaxed against the couch while he laughed at your joke. "Her flavors are there, for sure. You wanna put your money on it?"

"A bet?" He questioned, interested more all of a sudden. "For sure. Winner takes the other out to dinner tomorrow night?" You looked up at him, thinking on the matter before holding out a hand. Shaking hands to seal the deal.

"Perfect. I've been wanting to try that new Thai place downtown. I heard they're really good." You relaxed again. He sucked his teeth, going back into the sweet snack you both shared.

"Too bad.. because we'll be trying that Jamaican place my mom has been raving about. I might even order dessert." He smirked and you just hummed at his rambling. You had this in the bag

As the two cooks stood before the judges, you both watched as the opponents listened to the critiques. Winston had placed the bowl on the coffee table before him, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his thighs. Guy stood at the judges table as he lead up to the moment. You were standing at this point, feet planted against the soft rug beneath you.

"Yessirrr!" "What the hell? How could he win against her??" Both of your comments filled the air. You plopped onto the couch as he did a little victory. He did a little two step in front of the TV, rubbing in his victory more. You tossed a pillow at him, laughing at the song he suddenly made up.

"So what time should I be ready?" He came back to stand before you, holding out a hand to pull you up towards him. "Seven? Eight?" You twirled as he raised your hand above your head. Stepping towards him, both his hands dropped to your backside.

"Seven, I suppose." Pecking his lips, you heard him hum with satisfaction. "But you're driving, mister." You pointed a nail at him, yanking it back when he went to bite it. He laughed as you gently pushed his chest.

"Yes ma'am. It's the least I can do.. you know, with me being your sugar baby for the night." He wiggled his eyebrows and you blurt out a laugh. Flipping him off and disappearing into the kitchen with the empty bowl.