Perhaps She Did

Abraham "From Us" x Black PlusSized Reader

Earth's tainted brown sugar molded to the footprints of the bare foot female. Sand covering her brown skin up to her ankle, stopping just beneath her golden anklet. Her neon pink toenails could still be seen from the faint light that radiated from the moon above. The sheer cover-up that hugged her hips dragged its train along the path behind her before she slowed to a stop.

The laughter of friends were distant, carried to her by the gentle breeze of the night. She stood before the steps of what she assumed was a house of mirrors, staring up at the bright blinking sign. "Find yourself.." The words fell from her lips in a whisper, hushed yet curious.

Glancing back to her friends in the distance, her absence went unnoticed. As creepy as the building looked, she found herself inching up the stairs anyway. Their aged structure stable though they still gave a soft creak. Soft carnival music spilled from the fair above, becoming as hushed as the crashing waves seconds away.

She eased down the dark entrance hallway, slow and cautious. Dim light awaited her at the other end patiently. It's eerie hue tingled her skin with the possibility of fear as the mass of darkness taunted her. Taking a deep breath, she walked further into the maze. Catching glances of herself in the mirrors she passed, she gave a playful spin before looking over her shoulder at her reflection.

A crown of faux locs sat atop her head, decorated with gold string. A hairstyle she'd gotten just for this trip. Diamond studs in her ear that she'd gotten as a gift. Long lashes accented her cat shaped eyes, and tinted gloss brought a shine to her full lips.

Giving a playful grin to her reflection, she smoother her hands over her hips. Admiring the color of her swimsuit against her skin. "Yellow is definitely my color." She smirked, unknowingly modeling for her unnoticed company.

A deep grunt of approval startled her, sending her phone falling from her hand to the wooden floor below. Whipping around to the man behind her, she gasped at the large figure. Fear clouded her eyes and her throat suddenly felt dry. She took a slow, trembling step backwards as he stepped more into the tinted light for her to see.

Standing tall, chest and shoulders broad, he looked down at her. A sparkle of interest in the darkness of his eyes. His steps towards her didn't falter until her back pressed against the cool glass of a mirror. She was much different than any woman he'd ever seen. More colorful, more animated, more alive..

He lifted his hand, brushing its slight roughness against her smooth skin. A difference he didn't mind at all. Those feline shaped eyes of hers were now as dark as his from the lighting, only hers held emotion. Something he couldn't come to understand. Her shuddered breaths caught his attention, shaky and airy, causing his thick brows to push together.

Both their heads turned towards the sounds of her friends, their voices still distant as they called her name. She didn't dare make a sound louder than a whimper, refusing to take her chances with the man twice her size. As the voices came closer, she heard him give a growl that brought her eyes to his. He stepped away from her, grunting as faint creaks told him they were no longer alone.

"Girl, you in here?" A female voice yelled out, making her look to it. When she looked back to him, he was gone. She looked around, shaken from his sudden disappearance more than his presence. Breathing heavily, confusion tainted her features until she felt a hand. Snapping to the source, she was met with her group of friends. Worry etched on their faces.

The voice of her best friend questioned her. "You good, boo? You look like you seen a ghost.."

Looking around, she didn't reply to the question. Instead looking to where he'd stood before. Perhaps she had.